my day starts with you

a/n: i do not apologize for the feels inflicted by this chapter's image cover. i blame the toronto air for making jaebum lose his mind . also, there's a throwback to that iconic english cover day6 did for sofa by crush in this... if you don't know what i'm talking about, look it up and imagine defsoul's soothing voices singing you to sleep or some shit. 

the weather in toronto is pretty good, not too hot, not too cold, and only slight chances of rain showers. they arrived the day before their show, and were herded straight to soundcheck, while the girls headed straight to their hotel accommodations and checked in. when the boys return, the girls had just come back from massages at the hotel spa and were preparing for dinner in the hotel's restaurant. "i'm jealous, you spent your time getting a massage while i was working." jaebum complains, making seulgi giggle.

"you don't need someone else giving you massages, you have me."

"you're no professional."

"i'm an expert in jaebum."

"can you give me one tonight?"

"not for free, but yes."

"what do you want as compensation?"

"you owe me a date!"

"a date? i can take you on one tomorrow. we have all day before the concert."

"i can't wait."

their plans for a date is slightly ruined. their manager surprises them with a boat ride and seulgi's only partly bummed. she wanted some alone time with jaebum, but she can wait until another city. the view makes up for it too. crystal clear blue water, meeting the crisp blue sky, the little canadian flags lining the boat, with the city of toronto in the backdrop, they get some amazing photos. the whole crew is there, and it's very serene.

seulgi sits on the deck with jaebum, her back to his chest and his arms wrapped around her middle. they've already taken a bunch of photos together that will probably never leave their camera roll, but at least they're documented. "well, it's no romantic date, but this is pretty fun, right? and we're promised food and wine when we make it back to the dock." jaebum tells her, placing a kiss against her cheek.

"yeah... that's true." seulgi takes a quick look around. she shouldn't be bummed. jisoo and sana are separated from their boyfriends more than she's ever been separated from jaebum, and poor kevin still hasn't joined them for a concert outside of seoul. she should be happy that she gets this opportunity, that she's allowed a sabbatical to tour the world with jaebum. she can stop being clingy for once. "i get to watch the show from the crowd again... try not to linger to one side too much though, fans want to see you move around the stage not stay secluded in one area."

"yes, boss."

"in fact, why not do something special for them?"

"like what?"

"i don't know, i'm not the idol here, i don't specialize in fan service."

"fine... i'll think of something." he agrees, resting his head on her shoulder, "you know... i was thinking about how this is probably the only chance you'll be able to tour with me, and i'm thankful it's for our first tour ever. but, i'm trying to remind myself that not everyone is as lucky as us, and i don't want to get too used to this. once this is over and we're back home, we might have a break for a few weeks, but then we'll be preparing to push out another album, and i'll start pulling all-nighters in the studio again, and our time together will start dwindling down again."