Chapter 3

Connor's POV

(Above ^: The World Office Outside)

I walk to the car, get inside, and Cadenza's father drives when he gets inside.

The scenery... It's beautiful... I wish Hank lived here... Why doesn't Mr Jones have a driverless car? We have so many of those back home... It might be too expensive..

Richard Jones: Connor, are you okay there? You seem like you're spacing out.

I snap out of my trance.

Huh? Oh. I'm sorry Mr Jones. I was thinking about something.

Richard Jones: What were you thinking of?

I was thinking about how beautiful this place is. How does it stay this way?

Richard Jones: Well, every week, the neighborhood has a cleanup. We all take part in it. We water the plants, plant some trees, and clean up the trash. We call it Greener Day!

That's amazing! Will I be able to do it as well?

Richard Jones: Of course!

We arrive at the office.

Richard Jones: Oh, we've arrived!

It looks like a clean office from the outside. Then again, I've never been here.

Mr Jones parks the car.

I open the car door, and so does Mr Jones.

This is the parking lot?

Richard Jones: Yes! What do you think?

I love it!

Richard Jones: We just innovated this place, so I'm glad you like it!

I run to the elevator, down the hall.

Richard Jones: You're really eager aren't you?

Very!

Mr Jones presses the button.

The elevator arrives.

We step on.

At the office

At the office..

I walk up to my office, that Cadenza's father gave me! I don't know how lucky I am, but I must be so lucky that something like this happened to me!

I unlock the door.

Wow... So this is my office?

Richard Jones: Yup! This is the Investigation Department. Welcome to The World, Connor.

So how many people are working in this department?

Richard Jones: You will see. *shouting* DETECTIVES GET OVER HERE!!

Suddenly, a group of detectives get up from their chairs and walk over to Richard.

Gavin Reed: Ugh, what now?

Norman Jayden: What's going on Richard?

Miles Edgeworth: What must be interrupting my work?

Detective Gumshoe: What's going on pal?

Richard Jones: We have a new member of your department. Connor!

Hello fellow detectives! My name is Connor, I'm the android sent by Cyberlife. It is wonderful to meet all of you!

I flash a smile.

Hello Detective Reed!

Gavin Reed: Hi, Connor. (to Richard) You brought an android?

Richard Jones: Yeah. Do you have a problem?

Gavin Reed: A VERY BIG PROBLEM RICHARD!! HOW COULD YOU-

*Richard and Gavin arguing*

I feel someone push me out of the argument.

Detective Gumshoe: Hey, don't worry pal. Gavin doesn't like anyone.

I should have known. Gavin is... Gavin. So what is your name?

Detective Gumshoe: Dick Gumshoe. Nice to meet you pal.

Nice to meet you too, Detective Gumshoe.

Meanwhile...

Cadenza's POV

As I reached the house I saw my mother doing her research on about some company called Cyberlife. I go to my mother and ask how she was doing with the research about Cyberlife, she replied with, "Well, it's going well, Cadenza, I think I might not be going with you to the equestrian club this afternoon." Yes, I do equestrian horse training with my horse called Tempest, I call her Tempest, because of her speed, she was the fastest horse than any other horse I know. I said okay and that I will be in my room doing homework, as I went upstairs to my room, doing homework, I started thinking about Connor, and how he was doing with my father in the company. Wait, why am I thinking of Connor? Is this how it feels like to fall in love? Snap out of Cadenza! Do your homework, Cadenza! So I did my homework, then went to the stables to see Tempest, my beautiful black horse, as I walked toward the horse I went to get her saddle after I did all of that jazz. I went for a ride with Tempest into the water fountain.