Chapter 10

"I wanted to see you"

Justin P.O.V: 

It was crazy to think that one girl changed everything for me. For so long, I fucked girls and left them hanging. I used to get away from pain by drinking and drugging myself up till I had no recollection of what happened the night before. That was the old me. My mum was right. I changed. it wasn't just my family life I changed it was everything, I didn't care what people thought, I showed my whole persona and how I really liked this girl so much in public. 

Justin, can you pick Jazzy up from school today?” – Mum

Sure, Mum” – Justin

Usually, I said ‘fine. Whatever’ I just hated being around them. It was always a reminder of the previous mistakes I made, and ruined every bit of happiness for them. I hated remembering the past. Obviously, My mum knew but she told me a long time ago to leave it on Echoen like she did. But I never did. It’s still in the depths of my soul. I couldn’t ignore it. I was a monster.

I never tell anyone how I feel but I don’t know why, but I felt like telling Aria everything. That day when I went round her house after my job, I had no other place to go, it felt right to go to her. I wanted her to know all of my secrets, but I know if I told her I’d lose her.

But she cared. No one has ever cared.

She gave me comfort like no one else ever did.

Bieber. You need to go to a job tomorrow. You know the rules. Dallas better pay up!” – Hunter

Yes, I know the rules! But it’s not like I’m going to follow them, and it’s not like my boss is going to find out. Tomorrow I better come in.
________________________________________________________________

*NEXT DAY* 

Justin P.O.V:

“I don’t have the money?” Dallas said trembling.

“What do you mean? You don’t have the money” I said as I slammed him against the brick wall beside me. I sneered at him closely trying to get him to pay.

“I don’t have the money. I’ll get it to you next weekend. I promise”

I looked into his eyes. They reminded me of Aria’s Dad. He probably had a family, he had a wife, and he had kids. He didn’t deserve to be killed. I never actually killed anyone before but still it was harsh of the boss to let people die if they didn’t bring in the money. They had a life like you and me and wanted to be around the people they loved not shifty drug dealers like myself. 

Dallas being one of the top drug dealers in Canada owed us a sum of $5500 worth of goods that were shipped in for him. He knew the score. He knew Boss didn’t give his money out for no one.

I released my grip on him, he scrambled to his feet and regained his breath. I paced across the room.
“Dude… you know the boss. You know what I have to do now?”

“Justin… don’t do this. I’ll bring the money to you”

“Calm down Dallas. I’m not going to kill you. Calm yourself. I’m letting you go tonight. But you better have the money next weekend. Otherwise Boss is going to want to kill you himself or worse me”

“Thank you Justin. Truly, Thank you” He said as he smiled sincerely in gratitude.

I nodded and made my way to the door.

“Yo Justin!”

“What’s up Butsy?”

“Good man. You still going with Williams?”

“Yeah… I think I really like her”

“Knew it” He playfully pushed me to the side 

“Shut up Busty!” I shouted whilst returning the playful push he gave me, earning a slight chuckle from him. 

“Chaz and I want to meet her already. When are you free?” He asked. 

“We could go bowling. This Friday?” I arranged. 

“Yeah that’s cool. I’ll let Chaz know” He replied. 

“Cool man. I gotta get going now. I gotta pick Jazzy up”

“Okay. See you Friday?” He asked for clarification. 

“See you then” I replied, turning to my car to pick Jazzy up. 

___________________________________________________________

Aria’s P.O.V: 

Imma out of payphone

The last lyric of the song ‘Payphone’ blasted in my ear. As I pulled my headphones off as the school bell rung signalling the end of the day. I picked my school books up and walked towards the exit of the school. I walked to my yellow mini. I noticed a figure beside it, with a his head down in a black snapback. He looked upwards and I saw Justin. I smiled and ran towards him.