Chapter 20 - She Has Changed 🦄

Upasana held the glass of water with a shaky hands.

"Upa clam down!", Aashi said.

"I can't.", Standing up from her seat she said.

"Why he's here? After so long time?", She looked at her best friend.

"May be he came for some work. That doesn't matter!", Aashi said.

"It does! After so may years he just can't appear in front of me like this.", She said.

"You're thinking a lot about it.", Aashi told. Upasana looked at her blankly.

"You know what hurts most? For the girl we broke up, she's his wife today.", Her eyes became wet.

"Upa.."

"And look at me. I'm still trying to fix my broken life. I'm still trying to get some love.", She lowered her her, "And I know it doesn't matter how hard I'll try it'll never fix again. And it's all my fault. I'm the reason behind everything.", She broke down.

"Shh. Stop crying!", Aashi rubbed her back.

"Aashi I love Darshan so much. I want him in my life. I can't live without him. Please! I'm not strong enough to loose him again.", She held Aashi's hand.

"You still have time Upa. You still can fix everything. Just calm down now. It's still not late yet.", She hugged her best friend tightly.

Darshan's eyes became wet too after hearing her words from outside of the room. He gulped the lump hard and made his way out of there.

* * *

"Come in!", Neha uttered as she felt Darshan's presence near the door step. He came inside slowly.

"Wanna say something?", Neha looked at him. He kept quiet. "Open your mouth and say something. I really don't have time for you.", She told.

"I knew about the things she had done to you, to us.", He said.

"Ok", she crossed her hands near her chest.

"She told me when we met, But she didn't tell about Ruhaan.", He added.

"Lo Sabse Bada Jo Kand Kiya Tha, Wohi Nehi Bataya, Phir Kaysa Maza!", She rolled her lower lip.

"Neha I know she did wrong, really wrong. And I'm sorry for it.", He came closer to her.

"I don't need your sympathy ok. So stop this drama.", She rolled her eyes.

"I'm just telling you, she did wrong, but what you're doing it's not right either.", He held her upper arms.

"Who told you I'm here to do right things?", She looked into his eyes.

"Neha what happened to you? Look at yourself, open your eyes, you're not this.", He said.

"I'm this now Darsh. May be it's hard to believe but this is me now.", She said.

"You've changed!", He said.

"Yes, you've changed me, thanks for being my destroyer!", She jerked his hands.

"So you're doing all this just because of Upasana, you're taking revenge of her?", His voice raised up.

"No! I'm doing nothing for her. I'm doing all these because of you!", Neha said, "She was nothing to me, I didn't even know her. But you were, you were my best friend. I can't expect anything from her, but I expected things from you. When my own best friend didn't trust me then why we're talking about someone else.", She stopped.

"I don't hate her, I hate you. And I'll do every single thing that will make your life miserable. I'll make sure that your life will become hell. But the thing is, now your life is attached to Upasana, if I have to break you, I've to break her too.", She stopped.

Darshan grabbed her hands and pulled her closer, "Neha look at me. You're not in your scenes. You can't see anything except revenge and hate right now. I can help you. Please let me.", He said.

"You never came to help me Darsh. You know what, my problem was, when I was lost I always looked for you not myself. And there's where I broke every single time.", Her voice became softer.

"Sometimes I feel I don't even know you.", He spoke.

"You really don't know who I am or I can say whom I turned into.", She said.

"If you really hate me this much, then for whom you're shading these tears?", He questioned looking at her tears which just left her eyes.

"Because you don't know", She said, "how bad it hurts when you end up hating your own best friend."