August 16th

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
8:38 A.M. / Thursday, August 16th
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I woke up. As I woke, I thought about the night before. It felt like it was a dream. As if I imagined it all. But that couldn't be further from the truth. I confessed my love to Mina that night. I exposed my emotions and put them right out in the open, and she responded with open arms. The girl I had only known for a short two weeks had become the most influential person in my life, and I was ready to spend the rest of her days together. Even if it meant that I'd reach the month of September without her, I planned to see it through to the end.

I quickly got up from my bed and put some clean clothes on. On this day, I had one goal. To spend as much time with Mina as I could. It was my job to give her the most enjoyable two weeks of her life from there on out, and I was determined to fulfill it. Before I met her, I definitely wouldn't have had the motivation to do anything similar to this. But, she was able to change my outlook on life with ease. That was one of the things I loved about her.

"Alright, I got my phone... my charger..." I talked to myself as I walked through the living room. 

My sister, Yuuko, was lying on the couch watching TV when she noticed me walking towards the door. "Hm? You're sure up early," she said.

"Of course I am," I replied. "I gotta make the most of this day,"

Yuuko stared at me, confused. "Are you okay? It isn't like you to be so... motivated,"

"Ha, you're right," I said with a smile. "And I'm okay, don't worry about me. I'll be back home later. See ya," Then, I quickly made my way out of the apartment building.

"Alright, see you later then," said Yuuko, still staring in the direction of the front door, confused. Then, she put the pieces together and smiled calmly. "Ohh, I see what's going on now," she said. "Good luck, [F/N],"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
9:02 A.M. / Thursday, August 16th
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Without delay, I arrived at Mina's house and promptly knocked on the door. As I heard footsteps approach, I went over my plan for the day in my head again.

'Alright,' I thought. 'First, I'll ask Mina if she wants to get a drink at a cafe. Then, once we're done there, we'll walk downtown for a bit and talk about whatever is on our minds. And then, I'll suggest going to the beach to hang out for a while. And finally, I'll take her back home,'

The footsteps stopped at the door, and there were a few moments of silence. Then, the lock unlatched, and the door slowly crept open. At the time, my mind was so focused on Mina that I expected her to be on the other side of the door. But, as the door fully opened, I was met with Mina's mother on the other side. Her eyes looked baggy and swollen like she had been crying.

She smiled. "Good morning, [F/N]. Are you here to see Mina?" 

"Yes, I am!" I exclaimed while nodding. "Is she home?"

"She just left a few minutes before, I'm afraid," she said with a somber expression. "You just missed her,"

"O-oh, I see," I stuttered, slowly bringing my head downwards.

'But my plan!' I thought. 'I had everything thought out, too!'

"But, she did tell me to tell you where she went," said Mina's mother with a smile. "She had a feeling you'd come by,"