Chapter 01

River

"I am sending you to the province, Yustielle Lei and that's final." My dad said with finality.

"I did nothing wrong Dad, bagay lang sa kanya iyong ginawa ko!" I clapped back at my Dad, I know what I did was right!

"Kailan mo ba matatanggap na Katya is a part of our life now?" Napabuntong hininga si Dad and hinilot ang kanyang sintido.

"Can you hear yourself Dad? What about mom? Kinalimutan mo nalang ba siya ng ganoon? You said you love her and now look at you married to another woman!" I can't help but cry, akala ko ba mahal ni Dad si Mom ng sobra pero bakit ganito, she is trying to bring this woman into our life!

"Don't you dare raise your voice in front of me Yustielle!"

"How can I not? You promised to her in front of the altar and in front of everybody that you will love her for eternity. Tapos malalaman namin ni Kuya Vaziel na kinasal ka sa isang babae ni hindi mo man lang naipakilala. You are so selfish Dad, hindi mo man lang naisip kung masaskatan ba ako o si kuya o kahit si Mom nalang. I hate you!"

"I love Trinielle my whole heart and I always will, question everything I do but not my love for your mother."

"Ang sama sama mo Dad, liar! If you truly love Mom you won't do this! Send me to wherever you want me to be I don't want to see you and your new wife." I stormed out of my Dad's study room and went in my room. I slammed the door and jumped into my bed. I can't help but cry I never felt so betrayed.

I know my Mom is no longer with us, she died when I was 9 years old it's been a decade. I remember every moment I spent with her, I wish she is still here we could've been a happy family. I heard the door opened and I saw my Kuya Vaziel with an ice cream and cookies in a tray.

"I brought you ice cream and cookies, your favorite." Kuya placed the tray at my lap and sat beside me.

"Thank you Kuya." I said and started to eat my comfort food. I am really lucky to have him with me. Kuya looks like a lot like Dad but we both got Mom's blue eyes, while I look like the exact copy of my Mother, light colored hair and porcelain skin. Our mom is half Norwegian half Filipino and most of her features are of a Norwegian, which makes her more beautiful combined with our Lola's Filipina beauty.

"I heard about Dad's final decision, sabi ko naman sayo kausapin mo ng maayos hindi iyong mag-aaway kayo, Lil sis." Kuya chuckled and took one of my cookies.

"Paano ba naman kasi kami hindi mag-aaway. Ikaw kuya bakit hindi ka galit kay Dad and his mistress." Kuya is always the calm-type-of-person you won't like it when he is angry though.

"He's still our Dad and I believe he have his reasons bakit niya ginawa yun." Ako hindi ko gets! Kuya is just like Mom, mahaba ang pasensya and looks at all sides of a story. Kaya hindi kami magsundo ni Dad, kasi sa kanya ako nagmana ng ugali tapos ngayon ipapatapon niya ako ng kung saan dahil daw hindi na niya kaya ugali ko e kung sa kanya ko naman nakuha to!

"Kuya, ayoko ipatapos sa probinsya! I'm not trying to degrade the education system there but let's be realistic, it won't be on par like the universities here!" I know I sound spoiled but I have brains unlike those other spoiled-rich-daughters of tycoons. Mayaman nga hindi naman ginagamit mga utak.

"I can't really do anything when Dad decides on something, but you know that you can text and call me if you need anything or if something wrong happens." This sucks, I can't live without Kuya by my side!

"Fine, but visit me often! I'll miss you kuya." I hugged kuya and I can't help my tears. This is stupid if only Mom is still here with us I miss her.