Under Arrest

Broken Hearts - Grace Ready

* Renner's POV*

"What happened?"

"Why is he getting arrested?!"

"I didn't think he was capable of that."

These are the questions cycling around the street. I listen as Mrs Jones repeats them like everybody else isn't watching the exact same thing unfold. David Arvier... loving father, son and the Kindest and most generous person you could meet, is getting arrested for murder. My father's friend and the local dentist... arrested?

It just doesn't make sense. Why would he need to commit a murder when his life is pretty much perfect? And why would he kill a local fisherman? The man was practically a saint with two daughters who could run the whole country at 17 if they wanted to and a wife who could model for Victoria secret tomorrow if asked. Something doesn't add up and I will find out what.

"Son, is that you?" Shit, I forgot dad would be here. He is the damn police captain after all but still, I'm supposed to be at home. The lights fade into the background as I continue to run. The only thing being on my mind Mr Arvier, who did it and why? Out of sight I slow to hear a voice in the distance.

"I know Sam, I know okay. I underestimated his love for that stupid child. I understand that they arrested the wrong person, but what can I do? I can't just walk up and be like Aurora Arvier did it and have no questions asked. What? No! Stop... please. Fucking stupid whore." *Light sobs *

Crack... shit was that me? "Hello, who's there? I'm emotionally unstable and I don't need another death on my conscious. So, I recommend that you run." And that's what I did... run.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Aurora's POV*

Bang, bang, "Open up it's the police."

"Honey go back upstairs it's probably just a big misunderstanding ok." My father kisses me on the head as he leaves. Leaving me to do as he asks.

I reach upstairs and hear the faint make out of words that sounded like, "David Arvier you are under arrest for the murder of Robert Kennedy III. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to a lawyer and if you cannot afford a lawyer one will be appointed to you if you so desire. I'm sorry Dave its protocol."

What? My father would never commit a crime let alone a freaking murder! I run to the bathroom to wash my face back to reality, when I overhear my mother on the phone "Sarah, what the actual fuck? It was supposed to be Aurora arrested not my freaking husband! That's unacceptable Sarah, consider your son as good as dead."

What the actual fuck? Mum knows who killed Fisherman Bob and I was supposed to be arrested. She truly does hate me, doesn't she? Fucking hell she's a monster. Who was she on the phone with and who's the son that is as good as dead? I must wake up from this nightmare.

Except this is my reality. My father's going to jail for a murder he didn't commit but one that my mother possibly did. I was the target and someone's life is on the line. I must find out the truth... no matter what.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Ghost POV*

I can't protect the girl I love from the monster that keeps me here. I can't shield her from the pain that is to come. She doesn't know it yet but I'm going to help save her dad.

I know what happened, but my hands are tied. Literally.

I know who did it, and I will help to free Mr Arvier... it will just take time. Time, I don't have. But for now I need an escape.