Don't Use me!

I stayed up late thinking about what had happened. Did he mean it, or he was just fooling with me.... probably the second one.

Yep, definitely the second one.

This is not me. I don't kiss boys or stay up late. I'm not embarrassed by my mom and I definitely do not like to tutor people.

...Yeah I'm totally avoiding him. I have like 3 classes with the jerk, so that's gonna be tough but, I'll think of a plan later. Should I tell Mya? No she will make a big deal out of it.

I have to get ready for the day now. I'm still tired a bit but it's okay. I'll make sure to always go to sleep before 10 now.

****

I brush my teeth, wash up and get dressed. I put on a blue and white thick striped dress that is just above my knees and have sleeves. I decide to leave my hair down instead of the usually sloppy bun. My hair is long and wavy, which can be good and bad. I put on my white heels that I got for my birthday, 2 months ago.  (Picture at top) I put on some clear glossy lip gloss too.

Yes, this is the first time I've worn them but that's because I've never been comfortable enough to wear them but they go perfect with the dress and I am in a heel mood for some reason.

I have other heel shoes but these are the biggest ones and I think they are the cutest. Maybe I should put on my vans? "Emily?" My mom calls me. Never remind, I'll just stay in these.

"Coming. Yes?" I say walking as fast as I can. I walk down the stairs and she's at the bottom.

"Awe honey you look beautiful today." She smiles.

"Mom, I thought I looked cute everyday... right?" I'm kinda hurt a bit. I continue to walk down the stairs.

She stares at me for a second before saying "Wellll... you look better today then usual days... but yes you are beautiful everyday." She defends herself while I am on the last two steps.

"Well, you are home longer then usual. You okay?" She asks with concern clear in her voice. She knows how much I hate to be late.

"Yeah, I couldn't sleep last night so I woke up late, but I still have plenty of time to get to school right before a bunch of other people arrives. I have to hurry."

"Okay honey, well are you going to eat first?"

"Um... no, if anything I'll stop by Dunkin' Donuts... can I use the car today?" I make a huge smile.

"Of course. Have a good day." She says giving me a tight hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Bye mom." I say returning the hug and kiss. She says bye and I walk out the door with the keys.

****

I stopped at Dunkin' Donuts and got some coffee. I also texted Mya who said to pick her up. 

I'm at her house now. I get out and knock in a pattern so she knows it's me. We came up with the idea to have a door knock pattern in 6th grade.

The door opens and I see Mya's 14 year old brother who looks me up and down. "Hey Brian, can you tell Mya I'm outside?"

He nods. "MYA! EMILY IS HERE!!!" He yells and I jump.

"So... Emily... are you seeing anyone?" He says with a smirk.

"No.... why? And where is your sister?" This couldn't get any more awkward.

He shrugs. "Well maybe I can take you out sometime?" This almost makes me choke.

"Little boy, she is 17 and your 14, she don't want yo little stupid self. Move." Mya says pushing him to the side which automatically makes me laugh. She closes the door behind herself as she comes outside.