Chapter Two

***

***

Ed and Thomas went to sleep a while ago. The two guards stayed awake, cause they have to make sure that I don't escape. I tried going to sleep but it just didn't work for me. My eyes were wide opened, staring at Thomas. Frankly, I still can't take my eyes away from such perfection.

 I started eating my leftover dinner which was apparently Saluna with mashed potatoes. Well, apparently the scientists made a new hybrid. Salmon and Tuna. I can't say it's the best, but it's certainly not the worst. So, in other words, kudos to the scientists. 

So I finally started to finish the food while hearing the two guards talking about this earthquake that hit Applehedge, a neighboring kingdom. Apparently way better in everything than Griffingates. The people there are way happier from what I've heard. The ruler there is also very populist and down to earth, unlike the Griffingates' 'secretive' king. Most of us don't even know his actual name. And worse, we know other kingdoms' rulers' names. 

There are so many more kingdoms in the Havengaze realm, like Zonivrrehodge, Dazerole, and Worthome. The worst part is that Griffingates is the worst. Not that I've been to any other kingdom, but based on what I've heard, I'm optimistic that Griffingates is the worst. Not to sound ungrateful but my parents could've dumped me to another kingdom, and yet they didn't. It's a big mystery. 

The guards started talking louder as if they wanted me to join the conversation. The topic is still about the Applehedge earthquake. They said that it's very unlikely for an earthquake to happen there. 

They usually have their assembly meetings there and have visited the kingdom countless times since Griffingates has a mutual partnership of sending apprentice kingdom guards to study there, and these two men are mentors for the apprentice kingdom guards.

 Being a kingdom guard has the hardest training ever. You have to do anything the mentor tells you to do, in that way it shows that you're obedient enough to be a guard. It also doesn't pay a lot of money.

 In other words, kingdom guards are those people who can't go to school for some reason and can only do the physical stuff, like guarding and fighting. They either don't have the smarts to be anything else or they don't have money for education. 

They started talking about weird things that have been happening in Havengaze lately. One man spoke about the incidents that happened in Worthome a while ago. There was a volcanic explosion but oddly, there weren't any volcanoes around or even in the whole of Havengaze. 

They finally stopped talking. They looked towards me and said, "what do you think? And I don't even want to answer that since I barely even know them. They might be using the words I spoke to do bad things to me. 

So I asked, "um sorry but I barely even know you." I glared towards them with a kind of straight face. 

"You want to know our names?" One replied. He looked at the other man as if they weren't told to tell their names.