Chapter 15 Love on the Lake

Soma's POV

When the fast water finally came to a stop our boat was pretty beat up. We were just ahead of the orcs. Thankfully no one was injured, we had our weapons and supplies. We got to shore and I looked over the boat to see if we could use it to get to the next shoreline. Getting through Lake Town was our next challenge, I had no standing there.

I was able to patch up the boat, we didn't have time to wait for Bard. If he were to help he would put his family at risk and I didn't want to do that. "Let's go, we'll have to go around Lake Town, no one enters without the Master's permission. We'll have to move silently. I only have one friend there, and I don't want to endanger him or his family. If we get captured you might have to make a deal Thorin."

I had done all I could in Mirkwood, I had no favors to call in here. I had no royal title. We were out on the lake again and I  steered us through the fog. The lake was so cold that ice had formed on it. Most of the company slept while they could, Durin's day would fall in a few days time. "Mom, how do you know when you're in love?"

"Who's the duck tailing interest?" I asked.

"Bofur," she answered. "So how do you know?"

"How does he make you feel?"

"When he's around I can't think about anything but him, my heart races, I get butterflies in my stomach. When he's not around I want him to be, I miss him, I think about him all the time."

"I think that qualifies as in love, do you have your one bead?" She nodded. "If you want him, then go give it to him. You're a lucky girl." I knew Bofur would take care of my little girl. I watched her go over to him as I managed to finish steering around the city. We were close to the shore now. Almost to Erebor.

It was at that moment I heard "yes". I looked and saw Bofur and my daughter kissing. Bofur wore her one bead.

 Bofur wore her one bead