Black

First day of junior year

Summer went by like a blink of an eye and today is the day all us kids have been dreading, first day back at school. I hadn't spoken to Emily, Chad nor anyone at school since the 'incident'. I don't really have any friends. I mean yes I do have people I like to smoke and get high with, but none of us are actually friends. We're are just depressed psychopaths you see. My family is a hot mess too because when my mom and dad found out about me hitting Emily and the whole Chad situation, they started arguing and shit and that eventually caused them to get a divorce. I haven't saw my dad in months and my mom is now an alcoholic and doesn't give two fucks about me and Kyle. Kyle hates me because he says doing drugs and smoking is slowly killing me. But I don't see why that's a problem, it's not like I want to be here in this fucked up world anymore. Even though Kyle hates me, he still cares about me. He takes care of me in a way mom will never.

"Athena get the fuck up for school." Kyle banged on my bedroom door.

"Ugh fuck okay," I shouted to him.

I didn't exactly take a long while to get ready, i'm not like my old self who would take four million hours to get ready just to look 'pretty'. I let my long, straight dark brown hair sit on my back and put on a black Adidas hoodie with black ripped jeans and black converse. I guess you can tell my favorite color is black. I went over to my bedside cabinet and rolled a spliff. I took a long puff of it, causing the weed to numb the pain I felt inside. I always felt better when I was high, it was like all the sadness disappears.

I stumbled over to my bedroom door and unlocked it

I stumbled over to my bedroom door and unlocked it. I griped the spliff tightly, as I walked down the stairs and to the front door where Kyle was waiting for me. My vision was blury but I didn't care because i'd do anything so I don't feel sad anymore.

"Fucking hell Ath, you high at half 7 in the morning? That has too be a new record." Kyle said as he opened the door and made his way to his black jeep, he made sure he got everything before he got into the drivers seat. I picked up my black backpack and followed him, barely being able to walk in a straight line. I opened the car door and sat in the passenger seat. Kyle was only a year older than me so he was a senior at school, he's lucky because he only has one more year left in this hell hole. Kyle was like a god to everyone at school, all the girls wanted to date him and all the guys wanted to be him. However I can't relate to that one bit. All the girls hated me now and all the guys just wanted to fuck me then leave me. No wonder why I am this way.

"Everything okay Ath?" Kyle asked as he pulled out of our drive way and made our way to school.

"Yeah." I said taking another puff of the spliff.

"You need to stop smoking Athena i'm being serious."

"It's the only way that I can escape from reality Kye!" I giggled, the weed made me feel delusional.

He sighed.

The rest of the car ride to school was silent, but I didn't care one bit.