Yellow

7 months ago.

When you think of the color yellow what do you see? Happiness? The sun? People smiling perhaps? Well the color yellow is the best way I can describe my life right now. Everything is perfect. I have a perfect family, mom and dad are happily married and my older brother Kyle may be annoying but I still love him to pieces. I have a lot's of friends but my best friend is called Emily (although her name means 'rival' in Latin Aemililawell according to Google that is) she is the nicest  yet extremely opinionated person I've ever met but that just makes me love her even more. Oh and I have a boyfriend called Chad, Emily thinks he is a 'fuck boy' but I think she may be a bit jealous of our relationship seeing as he is a literal god, and him being captain of our schools football team makes him 100x better  looking in my opinion. As I said previously everything is perfect, Chad is taking me on a date tonight and I think he is going to do one of those 'prom proposals'  because everyone at school is doing them, which makes sense seeing as sophomore Year prom is right around the corner.

"Shall I wear this dress for my date with Chad tonight?" I pulled out a pastel yellow dress from my closet and looked Emily who was sitting on my bed messaging someone, not paying any attention to me.

"Mm, looks nice." Emily said, still not looking up from her god damn phone.

"I really like this PURPLE color don't you?" I said slightly annoyed.

"It'd look better on me."

I glared at her.

My mom always tolled me that I shouldn't hang around with Emily because she's 'toxic' but I just think that she doesn't understand Emily. Emily is the captain of the cheer team and is the most popular in school. Her parents are filthy rich and she gets what she wants whenever she wants. She may make these 'nasty' comments from time to time she is still my best friend and nothing will ever change that.

My glare turned into a smile, "I'm sure you would look nice in this dress Em."

"Thank you." She smirked but her eyes were still glued to her phone screen.

Who was she texting?

"I'm going to my bathroom to get changed okay?" I said to her but she didn't reply.

I walked across my room and into the bathroom. I had an en-suit which was pretty useful. As I made my way to my bathroom Emily's phone started ringing which made her jump. I pretended I didn't to take no notice and locked the bathroom door shut.

As soon as I shut the door Emily answered the phone.

"Hey baby" she said to the person on the phone.

Baby? Who is she calling baby? I didn't know she had a boyfriend. Maybe she will tell me soon.

I decided to take no notice of it. After all I wouldn't like someone listening to my conversation. So I slipped on the yellow dress which fit perfectly around my big hips and small waist. It fit perfect around my 'big' bum and 'big' boobs. All the girls at school apart from Emily all say I have a banging figure. I don't know why I have a 'banging' figure because I don't necessarily work out or eat healthily.

"Ha she is so stupid how does she not realize her boyfriend and her 'best friend' are secretly fucking" 

That last sentence caught my attention. What did she just say?

I quickly opened the door and grabbed her phone off her. Now I had her full attention. "WHAT THE FUCK ATHENA." she screamed at me, tugging at my arm to get her phone back. I held onto it tightly so she couldn't get it.

I've always had anger issues and being in stressful situations never help it out.

"YOU'RE FUCKING MY BOYFRIEND?" I spat in her face.

"Yes I am, do you have a problem with that?" she chuckled.

"YOU'RE SICK, GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE." I got closer to her, trying to act intimidating.

"Why do you want me to leave I thought we were best friends?" she started laughing.

Chad, who Emily was on the phone to started laughing too. I felt crushed. But I couldn't let myself cry. There was no way I was going to let Emily know that she and my boyfriend had just broke my heart.

"Get out before hit you so hard, your perfect nose with get crushed into thousands of broken bones." I clenched my fists tightly.

Emily and Chad were now in fits of laughter. That sent me over the edge. Before I could even think my fist found its self smashing Emily's face. I had never hit anyone in my life before. Blood flooded out of her nose. Tears rolled out of her not so bright eyes. "YOU'RE A PSYCHOPATH!" she ran out of my bedroom and out my front door, clenching her nose.

What the fuck did I do?

Her phone was still in my hand and Chad was still on the line. "Don't ever speak to me again." I said to him. I shut my eyes tightly. My best friend and my boyfriend. Fuck. When I opened my eyes tears rolled out my eyes like a tsunami. Thick, black mascara hugged my eyes.

"Athena you mean nothing to me, you never have and you never will. I don't love you. You were just a game to me." Chad laughed through the phone. Those words had just smashed my heart into millions of tiny pieces.

Before he could finish his sentence I ended the phone called and smashed Emily's phone against my wooden floor. 

"I FUCKING HATE THE BOTH OF YOU!" I let out a blood curdling scream. The glass from the phone was stuck in the palm of my hands, it hurt so much. There was blood everywhere. It looked like I was at a murder scene. I let go of the phone.

I wiped away my tears. I didn't feel sad anymore. I didn't feel the pain from the glass which was sinking deeper into my hands every second. I felt numb.

"YOU'RE A PSYCHOPATH!" Emily's words repeated in my head.

I started to laugh. "You know what Emily, I guess I am now," I smiled to myself.

Present day.

When you think of the color yellow what do you see? Happiness? The sun? People smiling perhaps? Well the color yellow is the best way I used to be able to describe my life. Now let me tell you something. I haven't saw that color in a long time. Do you want to know why? Well ever since my heart had broke, it's never been able to heal you see. However, when you think of the color black what do you see? Death? The night sky? People crying perhaps? Well the color black is the best way I can describe my life right now.