A drunk woman

The monitor's constant beep is what brought him back and he lazily opened his eyes. The light irritated his eyes and he immediately shut them before he fluttered his eyes again and once they were used to the light he stared at the white ceiling that was staring back at him from above. Where was he? Why was this room so bare? Had he been abducted by aliens and now he was being sent back to earth to spy on his fellow men? James Musyoki tried to sit up but his body did not respond and so he remained in bed and waited for someone or something to happen. It did not take long before a woman in blue scrubs came into his room and once she saw that he was awake, she left the room in a rush. Kwani what was on his face? He knew it, he was now an alien that was why the woman had fled for he was certain he looked like a monster. James Musyoki tried to sit up a second time and with great difficulty he was able to. His head throbbed continuously and he clutched it in an attempt to stop the pounding but it did not cease. Right at that moment the doctor walked in with the woman in blue scrubs who had been in his room earlier. He now understood that the woman had rushed out to summon the doctor.

James Musyoki looked at both of them and managed to smile despite all the pain and fatigue his body was going through. The doctor came to his side and examined his eyes and asked if he was feeling tired, he had gone through this before, when he had been in an accident and the feeling of déjà vu overwhelmed him. His heart started racing and the monitor's beeping went up a notch, the look of worry registered on the doctor's face did not escape his scrutiny and it made him panic the more. What was going on? Why was he in the hospital?

The last thing he remembered was dropping Beatrice Wandia at her place after leaving Grill Shack and then from there nothing. How had he gotten to hospital? Most importantly why was he admitted in hospital? His mind was going on overdrive and this combined with the pounding was too much for his body to handle. The last thing he remembered before everything went dark was how lightheaded he felt and how he wished things would just stay stagnant instead of spinning in and out of his field of vision.

Beatrice Wandia nursed her daiquiri as she waited for her three musketeers to show up. She had just flown in after a well-deserved rest from her work trip. She had been in Thailand and Singapore for the better part of four months promoting the brand that she was representing and a feeling of nostalgia had made her come home. The meeting with the conglomerate had been a success and she had been hired there and then. She was supposed to film a few adverts oversees and thus she had started with Thailand for that was where the headquarters of the brand she was supposed to market were situated. Thailand had been a welcomed surprise for her and she loved the climate and the culture of the people; that combined with the scenery had been heaven on earth for her. Most of the evenings she had spent roaming about and discovering new places and things. Beatrice Wandia was a naturally affable and talkative person so it did not take long before she was familiar with the locals. Thailand had been a breath of fresh air and she loved and enjoyed their delicacies.

Then after two months she went to Singapore and it far surpassed her expectations. The hotel she was based in was out of this world and she resumed her walks and her exploring. She was doing what she loved and thus it did not seem like she was working. If this was life, then she was going to laugh and smile all the way into her after life.

After all the work had been done, Beatrice decided to reward herself by backpacking across Asia and that she did all on her own. She visited S.korea, then crossed the border by boat to Japan and after went to Shanghai, and then she went all the way to Dumagete and visited Malaysia as her final stop. Along the way, she had collected mementos to always remind her of her travels. Now that she was back, she was planning on taking her parents for an adventure of their lifetime and no, there were not going to be dancing monkeys☺.

It is true that she had not been looking for love but it had found her either way. She was in Dumagete walking along the promenade as the sun was beginning its descent in the horizon. The breeze was an added advantage and helped in cooling her body for the humidity was suffocating her pores. She was walking minding her business when she bumped into him. She apologized and went on with her walk but the guy followed her and they got to talk. They bonded much faster since they were both Kenyan and thus their relationship had started just like that. They had talked and talked and with the lines of communication open it was not long before they could not go a day without talking to each other. It had started as a friendship and progressed into something more over time. They were supposed to meet once he flew into the country which was a few days away and she could not contain her excitement.