Chapter 2

Nash and I ended up watching some cheesy comedy and when it ended it was 5. 

"Well that was kind of disappointing." Nash said.

"Yes. You suck at picking movies and next time we're gunna watch what i pick." I laugh.

"Are you gunna stay the night?" He asked.

"Probably." I replied.

Nash and I have been best friends since diapers. Our moms have been best friends since high school so we basically grew up together. I have to admit, I've always had strong feelings for Nash but he just looks at me like a sister. To be honest, it's so hard not to fall for this boy. He has these deep ocean blue eyes that you could easily get lost in and he has the most perfect smile I have ever seen. Not to mention the cute dimple he has on his right cheek. 

I've always wanted us to develop something more than a friendship but since Nash looks at me like family that probably won't happen.

"SHAY!" Nash yelled startling me out of my thoughts. 

"Oh. Sorry what's up?" I asked a little embarrassed.

"I asked if you wanted to go get some food." He laughed.

"Haha yes I'm starving."

With that, we headed to Nash's car to find a place for food. 

"Hey can I talk to you about something?" Nash asked turning down the radio. 

"What's up?"

"You know Savannah right?" He asked.

"Higgins? Yeah what about her?" 

"I was thinking about asking her to the homecoming dance. What do you think?" Nash looked at me with hopeful eyes.

When he said that my heart broke into a million pieces. I couldn't let it show. I can't have Nash know how I feel so I just replied with, "She's very pretty. I think that would be cute."

"Yeah she is. I'm so glad you think it's a good idea. Thanks." Nash smiled at me. 

"Anytime.." I forced a smile on my face.

The rest of the car ride was silent except for the radio. We decided on a Mexican place to just take out. Nash and I both got a giant steak burrito. 

The car ride back to his house wasn't as awkward because he kept making conversation.

"So do you have a date for homecoming yet?" He asked.

"Uh, well me and Tommy have been talking but I don't even know if I wanna go." I lied. I did wanna go. Not with Tommy but with Nash.

"Awww that's cute." Nash smiled at me. 

"Yup." I said looking out my window.