Chapter Eight : His Thug; Defending

~~~
Chapter Eight : His Thug; Defending
~~~
A loud crack of lightning cracked across the skies, and to the lass it reminded her of the same night her family was murdered.
She stood in the window sill, her red eyes watching the rain kiss and run down the window.
"The population of London alone is 4.5 million. And that swells further during the season. By simply relaxing the conditions, the number of suspects increases." Ciel had said plainly as he laid back for what had seemed hours.
Red Wing bit her lip, she had to tell him, she must tell him.
However Sebastian had kept his eyes of red firmly on her.
She had opened her mouth to speak.
"Still at it, are you?" Madame Red had walked in holding a chess board.
"Madame Red?"
"All work ad no play makes Ciel a dull boy! What say you take a break for a round of this?"  Madame spoke.
"The chess set, eh...? That takes me back." Ciel had said softly setting his papers along the table he sat beside.
"Doesn't it just? I got it out of the storeroom because Ciel was coming." She had said holding up her index finger, in a matter of fact tone.
"Now, Break Time, Break Time!" She chimed, gently pushing the papers to the side, they falling to the floor.
"Ah!" Ciel began to protest.
Red Wing had walked over, she picking up the papers carefully.
"Oh! Deeply sorry Miss Glass, I didn't realize what I was doing!" Madame had apologized sweetly.
However Red had stood and shook her head.
"It's quite alright, I can understand your excitement." She said with a dead like tone, a smile fake and broken on her face, Ciel could even distinguish it, yet he said nothing.
"I'll sort these back in order my Lord, please excuse me." Red had walked out of the room, towards her own room, she couldn't handle the mushy family moments anymore, that was clearly evident as she left the room, shitting the door and then covering her mouth to hold in the sobs which she dared not release before her Master.
Tears leaving her eyes, watching the Madame and Ciel, having the moment, the same moments she couldn't have anymore, and it was her fault.
'It's your fault! It's your fault you weren't strong enough! It's your fault!' She had screamed into her head, her again, and again, and again.
However she heard steps nearing the door, so with a quickened stride, she ushered herself to her room, she then would wait, until her own tears died away.
~~~
"Ciel dear," Madame had asked as they assembled the Chess game.
"I've been meaning to ask you, who is Miss Glass? How has she come to be a part of the Phantomhives?" Madame had asked her nephew.
Ciel had meet the eyes of his aunt, he then looked down.
"We found her in the back alleys of London, whipped, cut, bruised and beaten, broken on the inside and out, all signs of her family if any gone, she has never given us the full details of what happened, she always gets defensive and finds a excuse to wander away, however-." He looks back to the door.
"She always runs away and tears herself from the inside and then back out, alone, she's always been that way. She never opened up to me, or Sebastian, or even the servants, she believes she is alone in her battles." Ciel had finished as he looked back up to his aunt and then continued to fit the board to its desired starting point.
Madame was frozen, a look of shock and worry lined her face.
"Surely there's someone she can open up to?" Madame asked softly.
Ciel looked into his Aunts eyes.
"The sooner we find them-."
Red Wing stood at her window sill, a blade in her hand, she gripping it until blood dropped out of the window and onto the concrete below, she weeping, sobbing silently.
"The better off Red will be."

Her door opened slowly, as she wrapped her hand in bandages after cleaning and stitching her hand.
"I see you've injured yourself." Sebastian of all people had walked over, gently taking her wrist and then helping her secure the wrapping.
"I just slipped-." He cut her off.
"Don't try and lie Miss Glass, I'm not stupid." He had said a bit harsh which cause tears to line her eyes again.
She had gritted her teeth and yanked her arm away from his hold.
"Oh! So I'm just supposed to take your bullshit! So I'm just supposed to sit back and let you walk all over me! I'm just supposed to be-!" He had quickly held her against him, so she was trapped in his arms.
"Shh. Hush now.." He had muttered softly in her ear.
She tried to pull away but he held her in place.
Eventually she had relaxed, he then able to pull away and hold her cheeks softly, awaiting the tears that didn't seem to fall.
"You can cry before me Red, I won't tell the master-."
She shook her head and looked down, her body shaking.
Sebastian had sighed and then made her look up at him once again.
"Carla!" He had snapped.
She froze up, her eyes widened.
"How'd you-?" She had asked him.
He had pulled out a small military chain necklace from his breast pocket, on it was a dog tag that was accompanied by a red crystal on a crimson gold wire.
The dog tag read.

Red Wing 'Carla' Glass
April 7th 1999
One Day Old, Female
Blood Hand Gang - MSG

Her eyes narrow, she shaking more in anger than sadness.
"You kept that from me, you said it was gone, how dare you..." He had raised his hand to halt her.
"I had to go and find this gang of yours, an I came up empty, ever since I had held onto it, you see, you never gave me the chance to present it back, you'd always put my masters work before your own health, your own life. I believed that was your way to coops with the pain. Red Wing 'Carla' Glass, Female, 19, a member of a Gang called the Bloody Hand Gang. An yet here you are, serving my Lord as if your his soldier in arms." He said softly, his eyes gentle and his voice wasn't mocking.
She shook, gritting her teeth.
"What do you care? As long as there's someone to protect him- right?" She chokes out.
"Miss Glass, I was going to say, 'I'm quite impressed with you,' dedication to perform and protect most humans don't even have. It's within your instincts, or within the DNA give to you from the snakes I believe you called them. My master and the Madame grow worried for you Miss Glass, you bottle up your troubles and you worries, and you think your wandering alone into battle, but you aren't, please Miss Glass, tell me what happened that night. It'll will ease the pain." He said to her, however she looked away slowly.
"I can't, at least, not now, Ciel, and everyone else, there minds are elsewhere with Jack the Ripper, it's not the best time."
He gently turned her face to look at his own once again.
"I understand," He smiles softly.
"You best be getting ready, the Master believes he has the next location for Jack the Ripper to strike. We will need you tonight," He had paused and slipped her dog tags over her head.
"Tonight, you can prove your the queen on the masters board."
She had smiled small.
"Your only saying that because your inhuman aren't you?" She had asked him.
He stiffened.
"Um. Perhaps."
She had chuckled darkly.
"It's been a while since I've had a good adrenaline rush, let's have fun~."
~~~