Chapter 1 (Aiden's POV)

'Sometimes your fears can save you from being killed or hurt but other times your fears hold you back from something that can change your whole life.'

I peek around the corner to see my father talking to my mother in a hushed tone. As he hears me enter the room, he stops talking. His lip quivers for a moment. He then relaxes, exhales, and turns his attention to me. His body language shows that he's a little nevous which is rather odd for my father, but I allow him to speak and don't question it.

I sit down infront of a crowded and cluttered dinning room table. There is a mixture of research, reports, and food scattered across the surface of the table. Pens, coffee cup rings and, wine stains joined the mess. I know my parents always do their work here, but I wish they would clean it up.. just a tad. Maybe I should clean it for them before they get home. That might make them a little happier atleast.

I begin to eat in silence. My father continually kept peeking around the corner of the kitchen to check and see if I had finished eating. When I finally noticed him, I sighed quietly. He finally decided to dash into the dinning room and act like he was trying to find a report.

"Father, I know your not looking for anything." I say, looking over in his direction. My father then sits hastily at the table. He shoots me a puppy dog smile before speaking.

"Come on Aiden! We need to get going." He was rushing me for god knows what reason. Normally it's me who's trying to get him out of the door, Not him trying to get me to eat so fast that I'll choke.
"Father, we still have an hour." I say inbetween bits. When my dad wants to do something, you can only distract him for so long before he drags you out by your shirt collar.

"Yeah! Barely enough time!" He speaks so excitedly that his lips turn into a wide smile and his eyebrows go up in way to express his happiness. By now, It's honestly kind of scaring me.

I take the last bite of my breakfast. When I do, my father stands up and practically runs to the door. He's kind of like a big puppy that wants to go outside or, a cat with catnip.

I place my dishes in the sink and kiss my mother on the cheek before I walk over to the front door. My father was already waiting in the car. I start to walk faster as I approach the car. As I closed the car door, my father began to back out of the driveway. His face looked stern, yet relaxed. How he manages those two emotions at once is a total mystery. His hands fit comfortably on the wheel as he drives. I watch the trees pass by every few moments. Neither my father nor I try to start a conversation. We both just sit there in awkward, yet stiff silence.

I noticed after a bit that we took the wrong turn, so I turn to look at my father, who's expression is still the same.
"Father, aren't we supposed to take the right turn.. not the left?"
My fathers mouth curved into an all knowing smirk.
"I know" was the only thing that came out of his mouth. I couldn't believe he wasn't even going to tell me where we were going.

After a few more moments, I realize that this street looks familiar. Its the same street that my father's second house is on. Well, it was our family's first house but my father kept it to rent it out. Why were we here? Dad probably won't tell me so, I sit back and continue to observe.

We pull into the houses driveway. "Alright Aiden, let's get out."
I thought that just going with it might be for the best right now. I open the door and slide out of the car. My father walks over to me. His face is that of a proud father. " Show me your hands, son."
I lay my hands out in front of me. My father then gently sets two keys in my hands as he begins to speak again.

"You have your license, you are very responsible, and you have always been independent, so your mother and I have decided that moving you over here wouldn't be a bad idea. The family that was here moved out about three months ago and your mother and I are always coming home late so we thought that we would bother you less this way." My father wore a warm smile but his eyes held a sad look.

"Wait, so you and mom have decided to move me out so I have live on my own?" I will admit, I did sound kind of mad.

"Son, we don't mean it in any rude or mean way. And plus, you can have friends over now or have band practice. Home is only a five minute drive from here and your school isn't too far away. Also there are three keys to the house so you could have a roommate. We will send you allowance to live on and we will be paying the bills as we always have." My father placed a hand on my shoulder in an effort to comfort me. I had no clue what to feel, do, or say. All I could do was hold eye contact with my father. His face was tense like the atmosphere around us. "Aiden, it is your decision in the end. We just wanted you to be a little happier."

I nodded hesitantly . "Alright dad, I'll try it." My dad was beaming with happiness, along with that, he had a big smile on his face. Well, it made him happy so I'm satisfied.

"Well, I have to get to work. Text me when you get..."He paused momentarily before continuing."..Home." My dad gives me a hug before climbing back into his car. "Bye dad." I murmur as I watch him drive off.

I climbed into my car carefully and drive in silence to school. I parked and got out. As I started to walk to the school's entrance, I bumped right into a short and scrawny ginger haired kid. "H-hey! Please watch where you're going." He walked off quickly. He was so small though, must have been a freshman.

I walked into school slowly. The halls were pretty clear today. As I neared my first class, the intercom came on. "Aiden Woodsong. To the principal's office. Aiden Woodsong to the principal's office."

Perfect! Now everyone was looking at me. I stopped right there before turning, and trudging to the front office. Isn't today just going fantastically!?

-°○*☆ ☆*○°- -°○*☆ ☆*○°-

Thank you so much for reading! Before the chapter end I want to give a huge thank you to my proof reader/editor LilPotato. Here is her amino link if you wanna check her out sometime. http://aminoapps.com/p/au6qqp

Happy reading my little sunsets!