Chapter 2 (Nate's POV)

!WARNING! This chapter may contain content that will make some uncomfortable. Please read with caution. (If you are ever in a situation like the one depicted, please seek help)

'When I look back I realize that I may have had a home, but there was never truly a family in it. All that lived in that house was a shattered dream and memory.'

I woke up to the sun shining in my window. God, I hope dad isn't home. If he is, I have no clue how I'm going to go to school with no one seeing the bruise.

Nevermind that! Think positive! You got this, its going to be a great day today! Yeah, a great day!

I jump off my bed and begin to go through my dresser drawers. I decide on an outfit then get dressed. Before I leave my room, I peek out to see if dad is home. When I do, I see movement. Damn it! Well, maybe if I leave quietly he won't see me at all.

I wait until I hear him sit down. I slowly opened my door as quietly as I can. I tip toe down the hall and try to be as quiet and quick as I possibly can but my bag's  zippers ended up making a bell like sound. "Nathan! I know your there!" Damn it. I feel my eyes tear up a little but I quickly blink the tears away. "S-sorry dad."

I step out where he can see me. "Nathan, you know I told you no school!" My dad yelled as he kept an intense glare on me.

"B-but dad, I r-really want to go." I knew I sounded timid and weak.
"Well, I wanted an obedient son, so-." My father began to stand. Out of instinct, I stepped back. "I guess I will have to use discipline!" My father took one large stride and was right infront of me. I closed my eyes tight waiting for the hit to come. He slapped me harshly. He then stopped. I opened my eyes slightly and just as I did, he punched me in the gut.. Which sent me to the ground. I began to speak between coughs. "D-dad, n-no one will notice."

I can feel his eyes burning a hole through me. "If you leave, I will make sure that you will have more then a few bruises." He slapped me one more time before leaving to the garage.

It's now or never. I dash to my room despite the growing pain in my face and gut. I throw all the clothes I can into a suitcase. Tears are silently falling down my face. After I finished, I opened my window and slid out. I quickly ran down the street and called the only person I knew, Lottie. I was out of breath, in pain, and crying.

She answered the phone. "Hey Nate! You never call around this time." I feel my tears fall down thicker.
"C-can you p-pick me up f-from the end of m-my street."
I can hear the sounds of keys and a door. "Heading there now. Hold on." She responded.
"O-okay."

In about seven minutes, she was here. I put my suitcase in the back then got in to passenger's seat. "S-sorry." I apologized as more tears poured out my eyes.
"Its okay Nate. I'm here for you."
I sniffle a little. "C-can I stay with you?"

Lottie made a heartbroken face. "I wish you could but there's just no room at my place..." She paused pondering for a moment. "But, maybe the band can help you. I know Aiden may not like the idea at first, but he is the most likely to have room." Aiden Neil Woodsong. She isn't wrong, but why would she suggest that when she knows I think he's cute.
"Anywho, let's not worry about that for right now. Let's get to school."

Lottie let me out before she went to go park. As I walked through the parking lot, someone runs into me. "H-hey! Please watch where you're going." I didn't look at the person, afraid of being hit or yelled at. I quickly walked  to the office. The intercom came on as I entered. "Aiden Woodsong to the principal's  office. Aiden Woodsong to the principal's office."

A-aiden?! I wonder what he did. I began to speak to the lady at the desk. She was really nice. She ended up giving me seven papers though. I looked at my schedule first. First block English, Second block French, Third block gym, and Fourth block anatomy. The only reason I took French was because Lottie could help me with it and she already taught me a little. As for anatomy, it was the next science I could take.

The nice lady then told me that I could take first block to look around and get things like my locker, ID, gym uniform, and gym locker in order. She also said that if I finished all of that, I should get my books for class.

For the next hour and fifty-five minutes, I gathered my materials and memorized the schools layout. It was actually quite easy to understand.

The only hard part was getting my books. The librarian had a hard time finding them. Then, when I went to use my ID to check them out, the computer didn't accept and said that I wasn't in the system. It took ten minutes to fix. I finally got my books though.

I stood outside of French, waiting on the bell. Mr. Vincent is the teacher's name. He seems to be nice, from what the lady at the front desk told me.

The bell rang loudly and students poured out of class. I stepped into the classroom timidly. Mr. Vincent approached me immdiantly. "You must be my new student! Well to French one." He sounded cheerful and jokative. I nodded to him in response.

"Well, come sit in this seat here." He guided me to a desk.
"Do you have your text book?" I nodded again.
"Do you have any questions before class start?" I shook my head no.
"Alright. Well, once again welcome to French 1."

Students were pouring in. Then a very familiar face slid into the desk beside me. Aiden Neil Woodsong.

-°○*☆ ☆*○°- -°○*☆ ☆*○°-

A huge thank you to my editor again. I don't know how many mistakes I make but she does her best to catch them all!

Small note on my schedule. Because I do take honors classes my updates will only be on every other Thursday. It might change depending on brakes but I plan to stick to that as best as I can.

Thank you for reading. Good bye my little sunsets!