Prologue ~ Moonlit Angels

"Someday," the girl with long black hair pauses.

"Someday we will be the impossible." She takes her dagger from her belt and throws it into the soft dirt.

"They say we can't be more than this, but screw them, we can fly if we wanted to, all my need is the belief that one day we will have wings." She turns to face the shadowed figure behind her, the one who's silouette is relaxed against a dark tree.

"And when that day comes, who do you expect to teach you to fly? You wont be their hope, you'll just replace their fears with things they cannot understand," he says as he places his own dagger into its blood stained sheath.

"Then fear me they shall, but I will no longer sit back and watch this world forfeit!" The girl walks into a spotlight made by the moonlight glimmering through a hole in the trees. She faces back towards the man and within a moment her face becomes pained as it faces upwards and her feet lift from the mossed forest floor. A blooded white feather floats to the ground beneath her as the skin on her back opens and her wings free themselves.

"I will caged no longer brother! Will you fight with me? Or will you cower behind the power of mortals?" The man steps away from his tree, his hooded face becomes visable in the moon and he flashes a smile to her.

"I will fight with you sister, I will fight the battle our forefathers couldn't! I will re-create this human world, alongside you." Black wings expand from his back. He launches himself ontop of the higest branch. The girl smiles as she rips her dagger from the ground and lands beside him.

"For Alicandriel! For our home! And for our ancestors!" They exclaim in unison, raising their daggers to the moon.

"But first I teach you how to fly sister." They smile at each other and look into the distant moon.

~Hey you guys, I havent written in a while, I am sorry if this is rough, has bad spelling or is a bit different, I am using my phone and I had no idea what to write about and I honestly dont entirely know where this story will end up but thanks for reading!~