Love Is A Funny Thing.

Two weeks had passed since the game. Alyssa, Ariana and Noah, who were now dating, walked out of Ms. Mara's classroom with their test results in their hands. Benito and Justin were still in the room. „Mr. Martínez, could I talk to you for a second?" the lecturer asked friendly. „Sure!" Benito answered. Justin stopped at the door and looked at him. The Latino signalized him that he didn't have to wait. „I need to talk to you about the song you submitted for your final grade." Ms. Mara started, sitting down at her desk. „Is there anything wrong with it?" Benito asked a little insecure. He had finally gone to the studio and recorded something - he hadn't had any other choice in the first place since 80 percent of the final grade consisted of a song the students had to write. „I listened to it and I have to say out of all the songs I received, it was the best." she told him, before flashing him a smile. Benito immediately felt relieved. „I'm glad you submitted something that comes from the heart and I can feel that while listening to it." she said, putting her stuff into her bag. „Thank you!" Benito answered happily. „You're welcome! Oh, and one more thing: don't ever let anybody ever tell you that you shouldn't write and rap in Spanish!" Ms. Mara told him. The lecturer knew about his struggles with English and about how much pressure Madison had put on him. He nodded, thanked her again and left. A smile was plastered onto his face. Not only had he passed History with a good grade, but he had received credits for something that meant everything to him.

As he entered the dining hall, he thought about why he had actually ever listened to Madison. „What did she want?" Justin asked, when he arrived at their table. That caught Alyssa's attention, so she turned her head towards him. „She wanted to talk to me about the song I had submitted and she told me that she liked it." Benito answered, sitting down next to Daniel. „Guys! Redmayne uploaded the results for the termpapers!" Noah told everyone. He had scrolled through his E-Learning profile and seen the first grade. Immediately, everyone pulled their phones out. Ally was sure that she had passed and so she wasn't really surprised, when she saw that she had 95 percent. Benito was nervous as he logged into his account. Even though she had helped him, he still had the fear that he hadn't passed. Taking a deep breath, he clicked on the notification. 87 percent it read. Alyssa had waited for him to react, but instead he just put his phone down and buried his face in his hands. „What? Did you not pass?" Ally immediately asked concerned. „I did, but look at the grade." he answered, shoving his phone over to her. She looked at the screen and wrapped her arms around him. „Thank you!" he whispered towards her, before she let go of him. „You're welcome." she answered quietly.

Later that day, Alyssa and Ariana were on their way to their dorm, when Benito called after them. Ari excused herself, when he had caught up with them. „I wanted to say thank you again." he said, looking down at her. Ally smiled up at him and started shaking her head. „It's fine, really. I'm glad I could help." she responded, blushing. „I'd somehow like to at least give something back." Benito started, scratching the back of his neck. He was nervous because he had wanted to ask her on a date for a couple of weeks, but the way she had turned down Justin, Daniel and Symere had scared him a little. Little did he know that she wished for nothing more. „And what did you have in mind?" Ally asked carefully. „It's a surprise. I'm gonna pick you up at eight." Benito answered, before smiling at her. „Alright." she said. She quickly said goodbye afterwards and went to her room. She was excited and did not really believe that he wanted to hang out with her alone. A quick look at her watch told her that she had a little bit more than two hours left to get ready. As soon as she had reached her room, she started squealing. „What happened?" Ariana asked confused. „I think Benito just asked me out on a date for tonight." Ally answered quickly. „That is amazing!" her room mate said excited. „I need your help with an outfit." she told Ari, walking over to her closet.

At eight o'clock, there was a knock at the door. Ally had been ready for at least ten minutes and had impatiently been waiting, so she immediately jumped up and grabbed her phone. Ari and her had picked a simple outfit; a pair of black jeans, a wine red top that showed a little bit of cleavage, a jeans jacket in case it got cold outside, and Vans in the same color as the top. Her hair was put into a half ponytail and Ally had decided to go with very little make-up. Benito smiled at her, when she opened the door. He greeted her by pulling her into a hug, then he waved at Ariana who had been sitting on her bed. Like a gentleman, Benito opened the car door for Ally. He was very nervous and it had been a while since he had gone on a date the last time. After he had gotten into the car as well, he started the engine and drove off. Benito had planned a picknick for the two of them on a hill where you could perfectly see the sun set over LA. After around 20 minutes of driving in a comfortable silence, they arrived. Benito parked the car on the little hill. Then he helped Alyssa out of the car and told her to wait without looking. Quickly, he grabbed the little basket in which he had packed a blanket, something to eat and drink, and some fruits. „This looks incredible! How did you find this?" Ally said, walking towards the fence that separated the parking lot from the little cliff. „In my first week here, I got lost on a hike and ended up here." Benito explained, preparing everything. He spred the blanket out on the hood of his car, placed the food on a plate in the middle, and told Alyssa that she could turn around. „I honestly don't know how to take a girl on a date anymore." he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck. „I like it." Ally answered, walking up to him. The two of them sat down on the hood of Benito's car and started eating the sandwiches he had prepared. After eating, they simply sat there and watched the sun set. „By the way, which song did you submit for Ms. Mara's class?" Alyssa asked curiously. „Do you wanna hear it?" Benito counter questioned a little surprised. „Sure! Is it the one you showed me a few months back?" she replied. Benito shook his head while he pulled his phone out of his pocket along with his earphones. He handed her the left one and kept the right one. Ally was carefully listening and she couldn't help but smile, when she heard Benito rap for the first time. She liked his voice a lot even though she didn't understand a single word he said. „It's called Dime Si Te Acuerdas." Benito told her. Ally nodded and leaned back, supporting her weight by her hands. The Latino did the same, accidentally brushing his fingers over hers. The sudden physical contact caused both of them to look down at their hands. Alyssa looked at his face and when he realized that she was staring at him he also looked up. They were sitting there, staring into each other's eyes while Benito's song was playing in the background. It was just like at his party; the sexual tension was incredibly thick and just like a couple of weeks prior, Benito couldn't resist the urge to lean in anymore. Alyssa felt that as well and started leaning in too. In the moment that their lips touched, her heart started racing and so did his. The kiss was sweet and shy, but held all of their emotions. And so the two of them were sitting there on the hood of Benito's car in the sunset over LA, kissing each other.