Chapter Four

Heart. Pounding. Forehead. Soaked.
Walking around this boutique with Andre for the past 10-15 minutes has been insane for me, even though we spoke a minimum of 10 words after, well, whatever he said before. Just a series of "You would look good in this!" And me going, "Umm, no, I'm not sure..." Damn, this went on for a long time.
Finally, we are in the last section of the boutique, and my plan was to say yes to anything he threw out at me, just to get it done with and leave and get food with Carina also Lucy. I'm freakin starving!! So we're searching the boxes and shelves to find anything that interests me. "Lana, look what I found!" Carina said. "Oh my god..." were the only words that could come out of my mouth. This was a romper, but it looked like a dress. It was a cream/ white colored base, and a black mandala-like design that covered the entire outfit. The straps were a cream colored rope, looking material. It was absolutely stunning. "I need that!" I say as I snagged it out of her hands. I look at the size, perfect, it's my size. Extra small. I spin around to Andre. "Changing rooms?" "Right this way, pretty lady." He says as he leads the way with his strong arm. I gushed a little. But my main focus at the moment was to try on this romper. I follow Andre to the back of the store to this little room with a gray, satin curtain. I push away the curtain, and close it. I carefully place the romper on the black cushion. I undress myself, but then I stop. In the changing room, I see an advertisement for a bathing suit company. This small bodied, beautiful woman is wearing a tiny bikini. It literally looked like 3 triangles of fabric material. Then I looked at my undressed body. I thought to myself, what would I look like with that on? I shiver. The thought of me wearing that, wasn't right. I mean, I'm very proud of my body, but me in that would be extremely embarrassing. My breasts wouldn't be big enough to fit inside of the top, the straps would slip right off.
I shake these thoughts away, I just would wear a different bathing suit, that's all. I don't need to think about this right now,  I need to try in this romper.
So I step into the romper, pull up the straps, and turn around and looked in the mirror. "wow..." is all I said. It looked so amazing. I can't believe it. I look in the mirror and say, "Lana, is that you?" I couldn't even recognize myself. I pushed the gray curtain aside and I walked out of the dressing room to show Carina and Lucy. In addition to them standing there, Andre was also there, and a lady that I've never seen before. She was tall, has long, wavy blonde-ish hair, and she was wearing a floral knee length dress and some sandals. "Wow..." Carina and Lucy say as their voices trail off. Then, I hear Andre whisper something into the lady's ear. "I told you she'll be perfect for it!" Then the lady replies. "You're one hundred percent right, I totally see it!" With a little excitement in her voice. Then she turns to me. "Oh, hi! My name is Sara Nieve." Nice to meet you! I'm Lana Richardson!" I say as I give it my hand for her to shake it. But then I think for a second, "Nieve?" And then I realize, thats Andre's  mom! "Ohhhhh!" I say to myself as I realize this. But I say it out loud. Everyone looks at me, confused. "I-I just realized that one plus one is two! It used to get me all confused, you know!" I say with a little nervous laugh. "Are you sure that this is the girl you want for this, because you know I can only choose one of your choices." The lady says even more hushed. "Definitely." Andre says confidently. I was extremely confused. I didn't really think about that too much. So finally I decide to check out. "I actually better got going..." saying to Andre and the other women. I give a nudge to Lucy saying we weren't done for the day. "Oh, ok! I'll lead you to the checkout." He says as he shows me the way with his hands, as if I don't know where to go.
So Andre is checking out my romper, and as I am watching him, I see him quickly wrote something on the receipt. I don't question it, I just assume that he needed to do that for, you know, store rules or something like that. Andre hands me my bag. "Have a nice day, beautiful!" He says. I walk out quickly so he can't see that I'm blushing so much. I turn back to look at him, he winks at me, and then he starts mouthing something. It looked like he was saying, 'look in the bag'. So I did. I searched through the bag to try and find out why he wanted me to open it back up. My romper? I check my romper to find anything unusual. Nothing, nothing...Wait, then I found something. On the tag, it said, "Even though I don't know you at all, I already know that you're amazing. Love, Andre." I scan over the tag countless times. Then I look back up at him, and I meekly smile. He motions his arm to the bag again. There's more? I shrug, and I keep searching. I think to myself, what have you not checked yet? Oh crap, the receipt! I dig into my bag to find my receipt. I found it! I look at it, scaring my eyes down, down. Then I find it. He wrote his phone number on it, how cliché. Regardless, I look at him, and smile brightly. I felt like I was walking out on air. I push open the door of the boutique, listening to the little bell ring above the door, and I walk out. I feel the cool, almost autumn breeze on my face. It felt really nice considering how much I was sweating. "Where do you wanna get food?" Carina asks. I was awakened out of my daydream by her voice. "Oh, um, anywhere is fine!" I say, still sidetracked. "I kinda don't really want a big meal, could we just go to Starbucks or something like that?" Lucy asks. "Actually, yeah, could we?" Carina asks as she turns to me. "Oh course, anything you guys want!" I say, joyfully. So we start down the long, NYC streets. I'm still in absolute shock about what had just happened. Any girl in my school would have killed to get Andre, and he just walked up to me and started flirting from the beginning! As I remember his face, I remember I need to put his number in my contacts. I type in his number, type in his name, and hit save. But wait, I'm missing something. I go back to his name, and decided it needs a little decorating.
❤️🥰Andre🥰❤️
Perfect.