My First Deer

I was only 8 when i killed my first deer, i am 13 now and still remember it like it was yesterday. & btw I'm a girl! Lol! I hope you like it. True story btw.

When we finally got to Arkansas it was around 11:00 , i knew i'd be very busy the next morning, waking up at 5:00 and such, so i went straight to sleep.

When the alarm rang i got right out of bed ( this wasn't my first time going hunting ) & started getting ready to go to the stand.

I had all my things ready before my dad, so i just sat down and waiting. By time he FINALLY got ready we left. We got to the stand at about 6:00 , but it was still dark, so we put out some corn & apples & got back in the stand.

We hadn't even got the guns ready & before we knew it, here comes 2 does. My dad loaded my 243 for me and stuck it out the window. Surprisingly he had never taught me how to use a gun or where & how to shoot a deer.

He took out a pen & drew a quick drew on the wall and pointed on it where to shoot. Then he told me to squeeze the trigger slowly.

I was to scared of the kick so he put his hand on my shoulder. I was really nervous but i was ready. I looked through the scope, waited until the doe was broadside, lined up the shot & squeezed the trigger.

Next thing i knew she was on the ground, i dropped her!

I was so happy i called everyone & told them. My dad was so proud! I was still shaking though, but i had never been happier!

~ Meagen <3