Chapter Eight

Colby's POV

After I dropped Lacey off I decided to just lay down because I was tired, physically and mentally. Thinking about everything that has went on in the past few days with her. My life was far from being sane, but just being around her makes me feel calm.

Being alone is worse all of this shit floods through my mind, of my past and it haunts me. Some days are more bearable then the rest, with what they had done to me when I was just a small kid, it's a fucked up position I'm in. I let out sigh tossing and turning until I eventually get some rest.

When I get up the next morning I get ready for class, I know I told lacey I lived in the dorms but I don't, I live in a condo near the college. I'm a bit violent when I have bad dreams and sleep walk and I'm so thankful that none of that happened while I was with Lacey for both of those nights. When I get to her dorm her looks like complete shit.

Puffy red eyes, with bags under them, she looks like she didn't sleep at all last night. Which worries me why would she be crying for last night, so I decided to ask hee if everything is okay as I go to lean in abd give her a kiss. She gives me a weary smile "I'm okay colby". She gently says closing the distance between us and placing her soft lios against mine.

I wrap my arms aroubd her waist pulling her in close and depending the kiss. She smiles at me under the kiss and looks up at with, and behind those tires eyes I can see all of her beauty.

Lacey's POV

After having moening classes I go to find colby while still replying with what happened last night. All those odd phone calls was from brett and he also left me a unnerving voicemail. He knew that I was messing with colby and he is certainly pissed about it. I was scared and stressing out he must have been following me to know what was going on.

It kept me up all night, wondering if he was possibly watching me then. I push those thoughts away in the back of my mind when see colby in his jeep, and he also looked like he was in deep thought. As I walked over he noticed me and had opened the passanger door for me. As I slide in my mouth is like vomit and I blurt out "colby what are we"?

He looks over at me shocked "uh im not really sure". As he said that my heart sunk, what did he mean he wasn't sure we were spending time together and having sex what else couldn't be clear for him? "Oh" is all I say and look away from him fumbling my hands around trying not to sound upset. He takes notice and tries to place his hand on mine and I jerk away quickly.

"Lace what do you want to me to say"? he looks at me and I feel a tear streak down my face having a combination of anger and sadness "so what you fucking told me the other night was jus a lie to get into my panties, I told you I don't just give myself to anyone"! I'm crying at this point looking over at him.

"Are you really going to say that shit again, lace I told you how I felt I fucking meant it, I have my own shit going on in my head right now I don't need to deal with this to"! He said with a dark voice. I get quiet quick and sit there scared thinking he might treat me they way brett did. cooby must have realized was shaking because he pulled me over close to him.

I tried to resist but he just held me in his arms "I'm sorry for saying that, but I have a lot going on and some days its harder than others and today is one of those days. I don't want to scare you and I did, I don't know what has happened to you to make you feel like everyone just wants to use you or hurt you but I'm not just using you and you have to trust me on that" Colby says and he pulls me closer.

I take a deep breathe "I was uh in an abusive relationship, and recently just got out of it right before I met you and last night after you dropped me off I had a load of missed calls from him and he left and a voicemail, saying he knew I was messing around with you and he made it clear that he didn't like it at all. That's why I looked shitty today because I'm scared of him".