Complete

Chapter 24
Riley and Jake were finally able to make the move to Austin. They lived with his mom and stepdad when they first came to town, and Jake began working for the company his stepdad managed.
It took several months before the bruising on Riley's body faded away. After being through such a traumatic situation the two of them couldn't keep their hands off of each other. They made love as often as she could handle the intimacy.
It turned out that her back fractures were a source of tremendous pain and she also had several herniated discs to deal with. Her doctors said that it would take over a year for all the internal damage to heal. While  Riley's body slowly gained strength, they found out that they were pregnant once again. Her doctors advised against having a baby since she was still healing from such trauma to her body. She told them that she was having the baby so they placed her on strict supervision, warning her not to overdue things. The pregnancy was rough and she had to be induced almost a month before her due date because of complications. That summer they welcomed their third child, a blond haired, blue eyed boy named Bryce.
The doctors were adamant that Riley should not have anymore children. Her insides were covered in scar tissue so they convinced her to have a hysterectomy.
While she understood that this was for the best, she felt a desperate sense of loss once the surgery was complete. She felt blessed with the size of their family but not having the option for more children hurt more than she could explain.
Riley always considered the accident a type of double edged sword. While she had to endure chronic pain, she also got to know the joy of being home with her children every day. This was something her and Jake had agreed upon early on but the situation left no other alternative so she was grateful for that. 
                                    Epilogue
Over the next two decades Riley and Jake raised their precious family, thanking God always for allowing them that gift.
Bryce was turning 18 and graduating from high school this year, Bree was following her dreams of owning a spa and Little Jake was earning a degree in business.
The first couple of years that Riley and Jake were together had been filled with so many ups and downs. He almost lost her several times in the beginning and there were days when he would think about that with an ache in his soul. She was the most amazing woman and life without her would have been unbearable.
Sitting on the back patio Jake turns to Riley, "We have the best life sweetheart. I can't believe this part has gone by so quickly."
"I know Jake, our babies are all grown up!"
"I love you Riley, so much. I'm looking forward to what the rest of our story will look like."
"Lots of grand babies I hope," she smiled. "We're gonna be the best grandparents!"
"Fuck yeah we are!"
Riley looked off into the beautiful sky and thanked God for bringing them together.  For taking that broken girl who felt that she had nothing to live for and giving her a life that she would never have imagined.
She knew she didn't deserve the family she was given but isn't that the point of Gods grace. For the rest of their days Riley and Jake knew they would cherish this life they shared. Always!