THE FLEA AND THE ARCOBAT

THE FLEA AND THE ARCOBAT━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ CHAPTER FIVE

━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
CHAPTER FIVE

Hawkins, Indiana
November 9, 1983

" WHAT WERE Y/N AND WILL SAYING ? " Mike asked. "Like home..Like home..but dark?and Y/n was like..go away?"Mike asked as he stood up. "And empty"Lucas said. "Empty and cold. Wait, did he say cold? And Y/n was like why can't they leave me alone?"Dustin asked. "I don't know! The stupid radio kept going in and out"Lucas responded.

"It's like riddles in the dark"Dustin said as he threw his head back. "Like home..like his house? and who's N/n even talking about?!"Mike asked. "Or maybe like Hawkins!"Lucas says. "Upside down"El said softly. "What'd she say?"Lucas asked. "Upside down"Mike repeated. "What?"Lucas furrowed his eyebrows. "Upside down!"

"When El showed us where Will and Y/n was, she flipped the board over, remember?"Mike said as he flipped the board. "Upside down"Mike looked at Lucas as the two go to the table. "Dark! Empty!"Mike says. "Do you understand what he's talking about?"Lucas asked. "No"Dustin quickly responded. "Guys, come on, think about it! When El took us to find Will, she took us to his house, right?"

"Yeah and he wasn't there"Lucas raised his eyebrows. "But what if he was there? What if we just couldn't see him?"Mike asked. "What if he and Y/n are on the other side?"Mike asked. "What if this is Hawkins.."Mike flipped the board. "And..this is where N/n and Will are?"Mike flipped the board again. "The Upside Down."

"Like the Vale of Shadows"Dustin says as he goes get his binder. He quickly went back to the table and started flipping through the pages. "The Vale of Shadows"Dustin read as he made it to that page. "Is a dimension that is a dark reflection or echo of our world"Dustin started reading. "It is a place of decay and death."

' A PLACE OUT OF PHASE '

' A PLACE OF MONSTERS '

' IT IS RIGHT NEXT TO YOU, AND YOU DON'T EVEN SEE IT '

"An alternate dimension..you think these monsters are the ones Y/n was talking about..?"Mike asked as he looked at the two. "Maybe, but..how..how do we get there?"Lucas asked. "You cast Shadow Walk"Dustin responded. "In real life, dummy"Lucas looked at Dustin. "We can't shadow walk, but..maybe she can"Dustin looked at El.

"Do you know how we get there? To the Upside Down?"Mike asked. El didn't respond at all, "Oh, my God!"Lucas sighed.

•••

"WILL!"Y/n yelled out as she coughed. "Where are you?!"Y/n sniffled as she yelled. It started to get more cold and cold as she walked throughout the town. "Cold, Cold, Need—Fire"Y/n's slightly purple lips shivered. She started running into the forest, finding a perfect place to stay for a while.