Chapter 2

Times had past in the school year, Gretel, Riley, and Maie were all having the absolute most fun in 1st period. It was around January now, and classes have been easy for the most part. "Guys..." Gretel said. "Yeah?" Maie said. "I think I like David" Gretel said. Oh my god.. she likes him? He has been weird tho lately more depressed and still made fun of. He sat right in front of us so Riley and Gretel always joined in and made fun of him. I still didn't. He would look at me surprisingly waiting for me to say something. I always just gave a shy smile and did my work. "EW! I CANT BELIEVE YOU LIKE HIM!" Riley said so loud the whole class went silent for a minute. Once people started talking again the conversation continued. "What do you this Maie? You never judge him" Gretel said. "I never judge anyone..." Maie said quietly. "Well then, I was thinking the dance is next weekend, maybe I should invite him to go with me" Gretel said. "Go for it" Riley said. Gretel smiled and sat in the empty seat infront of me beside David.
     "Heyyy David" Gretel said. "What?" David said. "I think your cute... do you wanna go to the dance together?" Gretel said. At that moment my heart broke, i don't know why but it did, I didn't like her asking him out and I don't know why... "so you can make fun of me?! NO" David said. "But I won't please!" Gretel said. "There's one girl that never makes fun of me.. I have my eyes set on her" David said. "Your an idiot, no one else is gonna want you" Gretel said. She walked to the back corner of the class and sat there. Riley quickly ran over to her trying to comfort her. But Maie stayed in her seat, David without looking but a note on her desk and Maie Picked it up and read it:

I'm sorry you had to see that. I know she doesn't really like me, and even if she did she couldn't stay true to me. If your wondering then yes your the girl. The one I want. Wanna go to the dance with me?

Maie almost fainted. Someone wanted to take her to the dance for the first time ever. She got out of her seat slowly and slowly walked up and sat in the seat next to him. "So?" He said blushing. She gave him a small smile and whispered "sure" as quietly as she could. "MAIE. WHY ARE YOU SITTING WITH THE STUPID BOY?!" Gretel said. Maie noticed David's smile go down. "Alright. Hey guys in Maie" she announced to the class. "You obviously all know me, but here's a little tip, when your trying to make fun of someone take a look in the mirror and take a look at your life. Not the best either huh? If you think it is y'all are crap, so shut up" Maie sat down and put her head on the table. "That was cute cutie" a boy yelled in the class and everyone laughed a little. "Looks like you gotta girlfriend Davidddd" the boy said. David didn't respond he just rubbed Maie's back knowing that took a lot of courage out of the shy girl.
—————————
Thanks for reading, I'll make a new chapter soon!