And so the debate between theory and fact begins...

I was writing the new chapter to this, but I wanted to reread the other parts, to make sure it'd make sense. I realized I'd changed Cassandra very abruptly, so I;m going to rewrite SOMETHING. I'm not sure what, so I want you to choose, as I just rewrote a mini first chapter, FACT cassandra or THEORY cassandra. ;) Both of them are entertaining to write in.

--------------------------------------

My father tells me that genius is inherit; I'm not so sure. The very roots of my disbelief in this widely known, but not really supported, theory, are the not so widely known patterns of my world. The world of the classical teenager, and, as I alluded to before, a world where I am both a player and an observer. I try not to dwell on this, not because of my disappointment of being either player or observer, but because of my being both. It's not because I want to be committed, no, simply because it makes me unsure of who I am, if I'm as intelligent as I lead myself, despite my own protests, to believe, or if I'm, to put it as bluntly as possible, crazy. That's a different argument with myself.

My observations of the patterns of my world are that everyone, at least as teenagers, are the same. The have the same desires, and it's what makes them the same. The most disturbing part of this is that, in it's own way, it makes sense. Animal behavior can be predicted, why not humans? It's almost like they subconsciously follow a timeline, like fate. Somehow when I always wonder on this topic I end up questioning my own beliefs and getting some sort of headache. This just leaves me to go down the "I'll decide later" road and abandon the topic. So I figure I'll just skip the last part. Besides, I had middle school to go to.

" Hey Cassie, did you HEAR about Andrew, Katie, and Joe?" Courtney somehow made her voice high, not squeaky, but more innocent sounding. It wasn't the sound itself that annoyed me, it was that the voice shouldn't go with the person saying it, that it was false and...wrong.

" No, you know Katie, she wouldn't tell me!" That much was true. Katie wasn't inclined to tell me anything, mostly because she wouldn't get anything out of it. Somehow, this was a widely known, that somehow started subconscious but moved to awake consciousness. Or maybe it was just me, since my ability to enter other people brains wasn't perfect.

" I KNOW right. She ALWAYS keeps stuff from people. It's just RUDE!" Courtney's voice had become lower and more focused whisper. This was the voice I liked of her, because it was her.

" So, what happened with Katie?" It was one of my weaknesses, curiosity. I hated being deprived of knowledge, especially when I had the opportunity to obtain the knowledge.

" That's not important. Do we have cheerleading today?" Courtney was back to her innocent self. I took a deep breath and cuddled closer to the window. It didn't matter. Courtney was just a pawn, an almost faulty source of information. Just like everyone else. Including myself.

I had wanted to skip cheerleading today, but I didn't need to, and though an excuse could made up readily, it wasn't completely necessary. I would go to cheerleading practice. Almost like fate.