Chapter 28

Rocky’s P.O.V.

“What the hell?” I shout, pushing Alice away from me but the smirk on her face tells me I messed up, big time.  

“I was just collecting what you owed me,” Alice says, prancing off to her car without another word and I notice that someone else is now sitting in the passenger seat of her car.  I contemplate running after her but decide that that could just create more trouble for myself.  

“Fuck!” I exclaim, slamming the front door behind me, running a hand though my hair before walking into the living room to be greeted by Ross and Ryland playing Xbox.  

“How’d the fake date go?” Ross asks, his eyes still glued to the TV screen.  

“I fucked up big time,” I state, plopping down on the couch and leaning my head back, closing my eyes.  

“What do you mean?” Ryland asks as Ross pauses the game, my brothers turning their full attention towards me.  

“Well the night was as fine as I would have imagined it.  I was as nice as I could be and allowed her to take pictures that I’m sure she already posted for everyone to see, but that’s okay because that’s what I expected.  What I didn’t see coming was the kiss she just gave me outside that would have been completely fine since I pushed her away so fast, except for the fact that I’m pretty sure she had someone take a picture of us.”

“Oh shit, dude,” Ross says, understanding the predicament I’m in.  

“I have to talk to Mary,” I announce, realization striking me that Alice could be posting that picture at any second and I want to be the one to tell Mary about it, not her twitter feed.  

“They’re not home,” Ross tells me right after I stand up.  “After Elizabeth and I got back all of the girls took Nicole out to try and get her mind off of everything.  They left about thirty minutes ago.”

“Of course,” I sigh, falling back down on the couch, deciding to call her instead as I pull my phone out of my pocket.  After hearing the fourth ring I know that I’ll have to leave a voicemail and sure enough I do, telling Mary to call me as soon as she gets the chance.  

“Is it really all that bad that Alice got a picture of you guys kissing?” Ryland asks me after I hang up.  “I mean, if it keeps her off of your back, isn’t it for the best?  She can use the picture to distract the fans and then you and Mary can hide behind all of that crazy shit the fans will stir up.”  

“I hate it when you’re right,” I tell him, shaking my head but knowing that what he said was actually true.  If anything that picture will just solidify the rumor that Alice and I are back together and she’ll gain back all of that fame that she craves so bad.  The only problem is that at the same time, Mary and I might have to be even more careful because if a fan spots us together and word gets back to Alice, we’re screwed.  

“I thought I heard your voice,” Riker says as he walks into the room and sits next to me.  “What the hell happened tonight?”

“Well, I went on a date with Alice because I don’t want to be blackmailed by her and she kind of abused the night but it may be for the best.  I still haven’t decided yet,” I tell my older brother.  

“She’s already posted all about your night, just so you know,” he says, showing me his phone which was opened to Alice’s twitter account.  So far she’s only posted pictures from the Ferris wheel and her most recent tweet was 47 seconds ago, claiming that tonight was the most unforgettable night of her life followed by a heart emoji.  When does she plan on posting the picture of the kiss? I wonder.