Chapter One; Acquaintances?

Hi, Rose here! I made a new fanfic, obviously, and I have a good idea for it. Hopefully it comes to fruition!  In the media is King of Anything by Sara Bareilles. No particular reason, i just like the song, and can relate to it, plus it does kinda fit Mai and Naru.  I'll let you read the story now!

And, when you're done reading this chapter, click this link or paste it into your browser or whatever; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxstCcJlsc                                                                  As always, stay awesome! 

Defiant_Rose out!

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Two fiures dressed in black slid seemingly unnoticed into a darkened building on Shibuya crossing. The shorter of the two made his way into the office of the abandoned looking building. He walked over to a desk and looked at a picture, before putting it face down on the desk.

"Oliver."  The taller man pointed to something in the corner nervously.

A voice came from the doorway.

"Put your hands in the air, and come out of the room!"

The men did as they were told, and came out of the room, hands up. As they entered the hallway, they were met with a gun pointed at them, by a very displeased police officer.

"Mai?" The shorter one asked.

"Hands behind your back, Mr. Davis. You too Mr.Koujo."

They did as they were instructed, and were ushered into a police car outside by the officer's partner. The officer walked around the room, gathering information, and fingerprinting the office.

She saw a picture frame on the desk, and picked it up, exposing the photo to her eyes. It was difficult to make out in the dim light, but she could see it perfectly. The photo was a slightly blurry one of her younger self, that looked like it had been taken with a phone, then printed off a home printer. The officer stifled a tear, and headed outside. She regained her composure, and headed back to her car with the evidence. When the officer got in the car she looked at the two men in the back with a poker-face. She started driving to the police station after buckling her seatbelt.

"Akita, it's not those two, but we should still take them in for questioning."

"Right." The partner, now known as Akita, replied.

The shorter man, sitting in the back seat leaned forward, struggling to get comfortable in the cramped seat.

"What are we being arrested for, Mai?" He asked.

"There was a body in your building, Mr. Davis. She had been stabbed to death, and, since you were in the building, you are a suspe- ahem - person-of-interest."

They arrived at the police station, and Mai entered, walking stiffly down the hall. The two men were ushered down the hall behind her by Akita, Davis, as he had been called, shooting his blue lasers of doom at a few innocent bystanders.

"Take them to 301 please, I have to take care of something." Mai walked away as a short nod from Akita told her the job was done.

The brunette clicked through the halls in her knee high leather boots, as she made her way to the chief's office, black duffel bag in tow. She made it to the door, and knocked before letting herself in.

"Chief, I have the evidence."

"Good Mai, leave it on the chair there." The chief gestured to an overstuffed armchair in the corner.