one ; cha cha cha theory

"Cha, cha, cha!" Somebody else screamed. I looked at the playground and a boy my age stood with a goofy smile.

He totally stole that from me.

 My parents gave me a warning glare, knowing what I was about to do. "Bye mom, bye dad!" I yelled, running off to that stupid boy.

 "I invented cha cha cha!" I screamed angrily, chasing the laughing brunette.

-

- Now -

"Jesus Christ mom." I mumbled, observing the skimpy dress my twelve year old sister was in. "I know." She grumbled looking away from Tayla.

"For you first middle school dance you used to go buy a pair of new jeans and an Aeropostale tee shirt." She sulked, causing an unpleasant image of me in Aeropostale. Yuck.

My sister Tayla stood there in black heels, and a black dress that was barely dress code. A pair of sparkly hoop earrings hung from her tiny ears. Her hair was okay, it was in a side braid; but the fact she added glitter and weird bow ties made it worst.

I didn't have the heart to tell her that this wasn't a night club, or real dance. Just a bunch of awkward hormonal adolescents standing in the corners of the room huddled in a corner with soda cans in their hands.

"Where did you even get that dress!" Mom complained, trying to tug it down.

"My friend, Kamija." Tayla batted her fake eyelashes. If you’re wondering, Kamija is pronounced (kah-mi-uh). Mom and I both hate her, she turned bratty Tayla to more bratty Tayla.

"Whatever, I might be out past seven." Tayla strutted out the door, having and easier time walking in heels than I did.

"Don't school dances like end at two forty five?" I laughed, seeing Kamija's butler thing drive up to take them.

"I don't know any more  Vi, I caught her sniffing glue. At least I still have you." Mom laughed weakly. Mom tried so hard to be a mother to Tayla, even though she wasn't her daughter.

You see my mom married dad, but he already had a kid; Tayla. So that’s how we ended up with the spawn of Satan.

"Tomorrow's my birthday, turning nineteen!" I laughed, grabbing my car keys from the granite counter. "Your making me feel old!" Mom whined.

"Oh mom, you’re not old. Just, ancient." I smiled, not realizing that wasn't a compliment.

Sputter.

"Antique!" I tried again, shying away from her angry face.

Cue threatening knife.

“Tarnished!” I exclaimed, forgetting the definition.

“Girl, you are so lucky it is your birthday tomorrow.” She shook her head, putting the silver steak knife back in the cutting board. “Ha.. ha.” I mumbled, ducking out of the kitchen.

-9:08 p.m-

Tayla hasn’t come home yet. We figured out it wasn’t a school dance, mostly because my mom tried to bring in a change of clothes; and nobody was there.

“I’ll call her cell.” I sighed, dialing her number quickly. After four rings someone picked up, “Haha.. Helloo?” Her voice slurred. You’ve got to be kidding me, this kid is so selfish. “Are you drunk?” I accused, instantly gaining moms attention.

“No, I’m Tayla. Kamija gave me brownies, and and haha you guys said drinking wasn’t cool!” She giggled, hiccupping ever so often.

Jesus this kid has partied more in one night than I have in my entire life. Which just goes to prove how much I need a life.

“You take it, she’s delirious.” I sighed. Mom took the phone with an upset voice, and started screaming at her and demanding to know where she was.

You knew Tayla was dead at that moment.

“Listen, Aurora Violet Scott you need to stay out of the house till ten. I’m going to discipline her—oh don’t give me that look I’m not gonna beat her.” She rolled her eyes, noticing my horrified expression. “Ok-ay you didn’t have to get all full namey on me.” I pointed out, slightly annoyed she called me Aurora; even though it’s literally my name.

“Well I guess I’ll go, good night. Have fun with the spawn of Satan.” I nodded my head with a over dramatic smile, then walked out the door.

I unlocked my phone, going into my music and blasting Arctic Monkey’s; because I looked a lot cooler driving while Arctic Monkeys are playing.

No you don't.

Oh shut up self. I rolled my eyes and turned the music up higher, and pulled out of my driveway. "It's almost my birthday, cha cha cha." I laughed evily.