Beginning

NOTE: I did not make this story it was created by "LanceSennin" over on FanFiction.Net. I thought more people would be able to appreciate this story as much as I do if I pit it on here.

____________________________________

It was the afternoon of a peaceful school day and things in the Occult Research Club were normal as always. Issei Hyoudou had a perverted smile on his face as he was fantasizing about his future harem with Koneko sitting on his lap, eating sweets; Kiba reading a perfectly good book; Irina, Xenovia, and Asia talking amongst each other, and Gasper hiding in his box as always. The second-year students had just gone back from a school trip at Kyoto, where the ORC, along with Saji Genshirou of the Student Council, had a brief confrontation with the Hero Faction. Apparently, Issei had resorted to poking Rias' breasts in order to get the power that he needed to face Cao Cao at fair ground, much to Ddraig's dismay.

Talk about a weird way of gaining power.

However, only one statement seemed to be enough to break the peaceful nature of the room, which was one that managed to get everyone's attention.

"Could you lend Hyoudou-kun to me for a while?"

Sona Sitri, the president of the student council, said with a neutral expression. Not too long earlier, she dropped by the room with the intention of speaking with Rias about a personal request she wanted to make. Issei and the others didn't think it involved them, so they just let the short-haired president converse with Akeno and Rias about whatever matter that was.

They had no idea it was about Issei, however.

"What? Why all of a sudden?" Rias asked in surprise.

Sona adjusted her position on the sofa opposite to Rias and Akeno's, and then began to explain in detail after taking a sip of the red tea that the half-fallen angel Queen made.

"Saji is sick with the flu. It seems like it's a cold that only Devils can get, and also a cold that only Dragons can experience, apparently.

"It's like before, it's the one that Issei-senpai had..." Koneko added. It was true; during the time that Issei got infected with it, he wasn't able to attend classes for a whole week and Rias stated that Asia's Twilight Healing cannot be of any use that time, and only Koneko's senjutsu abilities had the properties needed to cure his condition, although it still required him two hours straight of treatment from the white-haired nekomata.

"Ara ara, did it spread from the devil businessmen that Kaichou and Buchou frequently visit?"

Akeno asked with a worried expression as she supported her face with her hand. Since both Rias and Sona buy many things from the same devil businessmen, it wouldn't be surprising that Saji got infected like Issei did.

"The full reason is still being investigated. Basically, the present situation is that Saji is sick and he can't move."

The one blonde guy who never ran out of vitality and was always roaming around the school in the name of his leader was sick and can't move. It was kind of ironic. Sona then shifted her gaze towards Issei and continued on that particular topic that they were discussing earlier.

"So then, I thought that I could borrow Hyoudou-kun's strength, which is why I came over."

"I'm going to replace Saji?" he asked out of curiosity, while the Sitri continued to explain.

"Simply put, we lack manpower from the males who are responsible for having strength. Although we're devils, so we have much greater strength compared to ordinary human girls. But, we normally hide this; if we suddenly became very good at jobs which required strength while Saji was absent, it would appear highly unnatural from the perspective of other people."