Cruel Thoughts

Aliza had gotten to the point where absolutely terrified and creeped out was the best mood yet. She was constantly looking back and forth while walking around with Mk (as he asked her to call him). Flowey was asleep on her arm.
"Where are your family?" Aliza asked absentmindedly.
"...gone." He paused. Aliza gasped and looked at him.
"I'm so sorry." Unbelievably, Mk just smiled sadly.
"It always happens. It's not that big of a deal."
"I lost my father when I was a young kid. I'm sorry you lost both." She was shocked.
"Yeah. I envy you. The pain had lessened by now, right?" Aliza shrugged helplessly.
"I just focus on the good stuff." Mk moaned.
"There. Is. Nothing. Good. Down. Here!" He kicked a stone furiously.
"If the queen hadn't of kicked queen Toriel off the throne, the CORE would still be working. There'd still be food. I'd still have my parents. We'd all still have hope!" He shouted at the abused stone.
"There's nothing we can do. We just have to go on."
"On!? Where exactly is that?"
"Further. I don't know, Mk. I really don't." Aliza stiffened. Mk softened.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get angry. No-one should be angry at you. It's the queen we hate. After everyone turned on her she locked herself in the castle. If she knew what was going on in Snowdin..."
"Why don't we tell-" Mk jumped and clamped a hand on her mouth. She tore it off. "Why-"
"Shhhhh." He held trembling finger up. Aliza frowned. Then it dawned on her.
"Well, well, well. Didn't I warn you?" A drawling voice said from behind the two. Aliza spun around but it was too late. Sans lofted an axe from his shoulder and striked it directly-

Beside her? Sans laughed hysterically. Aliza fumed
"How is that funny, sans?! do tell!" She clenched her weak jaw.
"Jus'... that face..." He huffed in and out of laughter fits. Mk was frozen and trembling. Sans grinned further.
"Well that's mightily convenient for me. Has she told you?" He asked the poor kid. He had a terrified/questioning look that made Aliza's gut fall. "Food. She has food." Mk slowly turned his head towards her.
"Y-you... you d-do?" Excitement bubbled in his throat. Aliza stepped back. Sans gripped her shoulder and whispered in her ear.
"The decision you make here will be part of your judgement. Adios, chap." Sans was gone, and Aliza shivered. Mk stared at her bag. He seemed torn between begging or outright stealing. Aliza grabbed her bag slowly, making Mk twitch.
"Do you... do you want some?" She winced. She scolded herself for being so selfish. Although, in the back of her mind she knew that she would need that food.
"Y-yes!" He shouted. He clamped a hand over his mouth. "Sorry."
"Here." Aliza chucked an apple at him. It was gone mere seconds after she threw it. "Slow down. You'll get sick." She tossed a few more fruits before closing her bag. Mk moaned.
"I can't ever thank you enough." He laughed. 
"It's no big deal."
"No. It's a huge deal here."

Sans was perched above the two, distant but close enough. Close enough to hear and see them. When she gave the kid some of the food, he was shocked. He wasn't expecting that. After watching her many times, he saw her as the frightened and selfish type. One to think of themselve before others. One who would be terrified of action. He was wrong, the girl was braver and exceeding all expectations. Just like them. Sans snarled. Once he found them... he shook his head. One half of him believed that Frisk would never have done anything as cruel as ditching her friends. The other half wasn't so sure. That half was angry, bloodthirsty like everyone else. Sans constantly reconciled himself to keep his sanity. He wasn't even sure if that was correct, any normal person would disagree that sans was sane. He shifted in his tree branch. Even if Frisk had left, why was he mad? They did the thing any would expect them to. But the fact was, Frisk never did that. Not even Sans's expectations were untouched. He shuddered repulsively. No, he told himself. Not now. The part of him that hated them, was fuelled by that memory. If Frisk had done that, why was it unlikely that they left? Sans shook his head. He'd had this debate plenty of times. They left. They would've come back by now. Unless something had happened. Which was impossible because she could reset. But what if-
"Enough." Sans growled at the voices in his head.
"Comedian. How are you?" The old sans would've frozen to the spot. The new sans moved in his branch. He'd gotten used to her visits.
"Chara. Fine, thanks."
"I haven't seen you since the Core broke down. You're a sad mess. Really suiting the name smiley trash bag."
"I do love getting mocked by a demon child. It's fulfilling, y'know?" Chara grinned.
"I can hear your thoughts. She reminds even me of them."
"You don't even know who they were."
"Course I did, sansy. When you convince a person to kill their friends and family it really shines a light on them as a person."
"You tricked them. I don't believe a word-"
"I fueled them with thoughts, sans. The rest was their doing."
"What do you want? Why won't you stay dead?"
"Because I heard you. I heard your theories. They never left the Underground. They're still here."
"You mean the voices-"
"All those fun times you thought you were hallucinating." She giggled.
"Leave, Chara." He said. "Not funny." Chara left. Sans tilted his head. Maybe there was a reason Aliza resembled them so. Perhaps she was a message.
It kinda...
It filled him with... FEAR

----------