Chapter 3

I woke up on our comfy nest beside Rodney like I have done every day since he was lost in the forest. Each day we sneak out before breakfast to train together.

Today is Rodney's twelfth birthday and his older brother Morty is allowing him to start a real journey. Rodney says he can start catching more Pokemon for me to play with. I have never been in a Pokeball, but it doesn't look fun.

I promised Rodney I will stay by his side forever even though he can't understand me.

"Good morning Rodney." Morty said peaking his head in.

"Morning Morty." Rodney yawned.

"And good morning Vulpix." Morty smiled at me.

"Vul-vulpix." I smiled back.

"Lucinda made breakfast for you before you leave." Morty explained. Rodney and looked at each other before racing down to the kitchen.

***

It didn't take long for Rod and I to eat and we were soon getting ready to leave. Rodney said his good byes to his family and we set out.

"Where too first Vulpix?" He asked holding a map for me to look at from his shoulder .

"Vulpix!" I said pawing at a near by city that had the first gym we would battle.

"Well Chainwood city it is." He smiled at me and put the map away.

"Vu-" I tired to warn Rod that he was about to crash into a girl, but was too late.

"Hey watch where you are going Bud." She whined from the ground.

"I'm so sorry.  Let's me help." Rodney stuttered and held out his hand for the girl.

"Thank you." She said taking his hand. "I'm Misty." The red headed girl in yellow held out her hand and Rodney shook it.

"I'm Rodney. Sorry for bumping into you Misty." He apologized rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay." Misty grined and dusted herself off.

"Togi!!" A small yellowish Pokemon called out to Misty.

"This is Togipe." She giggled picking up the egg like Pokemon.

"This is Vulpix." Rodney motioned to me and I puffed up.

"You are very pretty Vulpix." Misty bowed her head and I smiled.

"Togipe where did you go?" Two boys called from a distance.

"I have him over here guys!" Misty responded.

"Oh thank heavens." A black haired boy in blue sighed in relief.

"You said it." A taller brow haired boy said.

"Rodney these are my friend Ash and Brock." Misty smiled.

"Hi I'm Ash." The shorter boy held out his hand first.

"And I'm Brock." The taller boy followed.

"I'm Rodney." He shoke both their hands.

"So where are you headed?" Ash asked.

"Chainwood city." Rod answered.

"So are we! Are you going to challenge gym leader Chuck for the storm badge?" Ash got excited.

"Um I don't think so." Rod sighed. Ash and I both gave him a sad look.

"Why not?" Misty asked.

"I'm not strong enough yet." Rod shrugged.

"Why don't you travel with us?! We can help you train!" Brock suggested.

"Okay cool!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry it's so short. Thanks for the votes! I will try to update soon!

~Nesster