Step 2: Get a talent agent's attention so he gives you his business card

Outside Bella's house, it was calm and peaceful. And then you entered.

It was like a bomb exploded in there. It was like I'd entered another world, another dimension.

Screams and singing filled the air as the DJ that Bella had hired turned the volume up all the way and blasted catchy, upbeat rap songs throughout the 4-story house.

"BELLA! BELLA!" I shouted through the crowd, scanning the sea of people for my best friend.

"Sup, Jen Jen. How's the party?" I shrieked as Bella whispered in my ear. My hand came up and slapped her - I can only blame reflexes. Bella cried out in pain but her face immediately relaxed into a smile. "Your reflexes always get me, Jen Jen! I should really stop sneaking up on you."

"Uh huh, you really should!" I said, laughing. "How did you get so many people in here?"

"Just some invitations and intense begging! It took a long time for my parents to agree to have this many people come!" Bella high fived a random girl who walked past and smiled. "I think this is fun. So, when are you performing?"

"Whenever you want! Ohmahgod this is unreal! Where's your uncle? I need to check this talent agent out! Thanks for giving me this opportunity!" I looked around the room eagerly for a middle-aged man who looked like a talent agent. Bella giggled.

"If you're looking for a middle-aged man who looks like a talent agent, your brain needs fixing. My uncle is 25 years old and today he came wearing sweatpants, a shirt, and slippers," Bella explained. My mind went blank.

"Excusez-moi?" I was shocked. 

"HEY GUYS!!! LISTEN UP!!! MY BEST FRIEND JENNIE IS GOING TO PLAY THE PIANO FOR US AND TRUST ME YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS OUT!" Bella suddenly yelled. Ohhhhhh shit.

"Bells, I'm not ready yet!" I hissed at her. The whole room had gone quiet. "Get them to be loud again, this is weird."

"Sorry Jen Jen but this is how my party works!" Bella skipped off, clearing a path to the piano. "Your weapon awaits, madame." I slowly walked past the gathering crowd and as I passed Bella, I whispered in her ear, "After this, I am going to kill you."

I sat down on the piano stool and flexed my fingers. I had memorized my piece so thoroughly, I could play it with my eyes closed. I had no doubts that I would play it perfectly with under 10 slips - confidence = me.

And I began.

5 minutes later, the last few notes of the piece ended with a soft diminuendo. I felt my little journey in my little piano world end just like that, but I was sent off with a smile.

Silence hung in the air before the whole room erupted into applause. I stood up and bowed. I think my smile was bigger than ever before - bigger than when Jackson and Rosie were born, bigger than when Mum got the approval to open her wedding business. I just loved that moment.

After my performance and when everything went back to being loud and crazy, a young man wearing extremely casual clothing approached me and held out his hand. 

"Hi there, I'm Bella's uncle, Sam. I saw you playing over there and I just love how you flow with the music. The whole room was captivated by your playing, and I can see that you'll become a big star once you get the opportunity," Sam said. "I'm a talent agent, you know. I think I just found a soon-to-be millionaire. You up for it?"

And just like that, in one go, I was dumbfounded. So I really had just been spotted. 

Mind

BLOWN

"Um, Sam, I really don't know. My mum might not be okay with this," I replied. Best to play the mum card.

"Here's my card - call me when you have decided. Well, I'd best be off then. Bella needs me to bring out the cake." Sam handed me a small card with his number, company and name on it. Well... I didn't know what to do. I just held the card and stood there.

What a great, great day.

-------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S MINI MESSAGE:

Hi there, so I guess I published the second chapter sooner than expected! I just had some time in my hands so started writing - and I didn't stop 😅

I guess you readers are happy now! Wellll I spent a while on this chapter, so I think I'm going to go have a giant rest now. Hope you had fun reading, leave comments on the story!

Thanks and take care,

BLINKRose23