Step 3: Beg your parents intensely for permission to become a star

The rest of the night went pretty smoothly - apart from being drenched by punch. It's worse than you think.

"Thanks for inviting me, Bells," I said before leaving. Bella smiled, seeming quite happy with her party. "I never would've been spotted with you."

"Why, you are very much welcome, Jennie," Bella said in a posh accent. "If you could find time to contact me tomorrow morning, I would be delighted to speak to you once more. Good night, Jennie.

"Oh come on Bella, you can't just send me off like that! Come here and gimme a hug!" I didn't wait for a response and pulled Bella in for a great big (and tight) hug. "I owe you big, mah girl."

"I'll wait for the payment!" Bella winked. "You should go back now, your mum's gonna rage at how long you've stayed. It's nearly midnight!"

"Oh shit, Mum told me not to stay past midnight! Bye Bells, I gotta go!" I ran down the steps, waving over my shoulder. "I'll text ya!"

And even though my house was only 5 minutes away, when I got back home, it was 12:01 am. 

I was met by the angry shadow of my mum waiting at the doorstep, her foot tapping impatiently.

"I-I can explain..." but I knew I was in for a big scolding.

"Come inside, young woman, and I will GLADLY listen to your explanation."

Ohhhhhh no.

---------------------------------------------------------

Lying in bed after 30 minutes of pure torture, I realized that Mum probably wouldn't let me go to Bella's uncle and be a big star anymore. I'd already seriously angered her (accidentally, okay?). I guess I had to wait for Hurricane Mum to calm down. Which would probably take a couple of days, and I think a talent agent would've moved on and thought I was never going to accept by then.

Why does my life have to be so hard?????

"Jen-Jen?" A small voice whispered from the door. It slowly creaked open and Rosie's tiny face appeared. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, come in, my little rose. I really need you right now," I said. Rosie ran in and jumped on top of me, giggling.

"Did you have fun at the party, Jen-Jen?" she asked. Then I remembered. It was past midnight. Why was Rosie awake?

"Rosie, mah girl, why are you still awake?" I turned an accusing eye on her. Her very obvious guilty look entered the room.

"I couldn't sleep, Mummy kept shouting!!!" I sighed. Mum really forgot about the twins sometimes.

"Well, you should go back to bed now, okay? I'm going to sleep now." Rosie looked a little sad but at least she was smart enough to know that once Mum found out she was awake this late, Hurricane Mum would be back.

"Goodnight, Jennie..." and the Rosie retreated. I smiled. I was lucky to have her as my sister.

_________________________________________

"MUMMM PLEASEEE!!!!!!" I begged. It had been two days since the party and Mum wasn't going to budge. "This is my big opportunity!"

"No." 

"Mummm I'll do anything, I'll do all my chores every day for the next few years!!!!"

"No."

"Mummm!!!!"

"I said no, Jennie. I would've said yes if you had come home BEFORE midnight after the party. Stop asking." Mum walked out of the living room.

"WHYYYY!!!!!!" I buried my head into a pillow. "AHHH THIS IS SO HARD!!!"

So, I hadn't been able to convince Mum yet. But I wouldn't stop trying!

AUTHOR'S MINI MESSAGE:

Hey readers! I'm so glad that people are reading my story! Sorry it took a while to get this chapter up, it's just that time of year where I have half-yearly exams etc!

Please be patient and have fun reading!

-BLINKRose23