Chapter 3: Bonfire

Chapter 3: Bonfire

It's Junhoe's 3rd day on his temporary home. So far, he had escaped from all the mess he ran away from. Each day, Junhoe tried to not think about anything that could remind him about Bobby, or his family. He's living his fugitive life for a week like he's a new person. Yesterday was Jinhwan's free schedule from private class but today's an exception. Jinhwan just showed him around the beach area, and talked about random things – mostly about his passion for swimming and a little about his family.

It's almost 8:00 am and the owner of the house was all ready to go to the pool with his stuff wearing rash guard and swimming shorts. "Hey, if you're hungry there's food in the fridge and if you need anything you know where you can find me." Jinhwan smiled at him before waving goodbye. Junhoe nodded and thanked him. With nothing to do, Junhoe roamed the house. Though he's been here for three days already, he hadn't had the chance to look closely in the entire house. Not that he wanted to snoop or something. He started in the living room. He saw some picture frames. He observed it one by one. It was Jinwhan's family, some baby photos, and a photo of him with a girl. At first, he thought it was his girlfriend but Jinhwan was a kid on the photo, so he assumed it was his older sister since he had mentioned one yesterday. He found himself smiling a little while looking at the baby photos of Jinhwan. He was really a cutie. He thought Jinhwan had a very beautiful family. It ran in the genes after all. After a boring one hour for Junhoe, he decided to sneak on the swimming gym.

Jinhwan might be done with class since he usually had an hour session with the kids or sometimes extended until an hour and a half. He could hear the kids playfully screaming either Jinhwan's name or at the other kids. When he peeked, he saw 4 kids – 2 having their personal lesson with Jinhwan and the other 2 seems like having their free time.

"Hye Young-ah, Do Young-ah, be careful. Don't run around. The floor is slippery." Jinhwan warned the kids. "Nae!" The kids answered and sat on the corner of the pool with their feet soaked in the water. "Okay, you're improving a lot Ye Bin-ah. Let's try the basic strokes next session okay?" Jinhwan gave the kid the sweetest smile Junhoe had ever seen from the older. He's really different around the kids. Junhoe couldn't imagine Jinhwan could be much softer and nicer with kids than his usual cheerful self. "Let's end it here today, kids. Let's get you all change now." Jinhwan said while lifting up the 2 kids from the pool. He could hear and see the disappointment on the kids who still want to play in the pool. But since their parents will pick them up any minute soon, they went to the shower room.

Jinhwan was picking up the kickboards and other toys of the kids. Junhoe decided to show himself to help Jinhwan tidying up the pool. "Need a hand?" Junhoe asked but already picking up some toys. "Oh, thanks." Thankfully they were done before the kids showed up.

They went out from the shower room one by one. Do Young was still topless. He was holding his shirt and came straight to Jinhwan. "Teacher Nani, could you help me with my shirt?" The kid raised his shirt to Jinhwan. "Of course, Do Young-ah." Jinhwan kneeled and put the shirt on him. "Left hand... right hand... Okay! All good now." Jinhwan instructed with a cute tone. Junhoe unconsciously smiled.

Minutes later, their parents showed to pick each of the kids. Jinhwan double checked the gym before inviting Junhoe to go home. He was wearing his slipper and walking in front of Junhoe. They're half way from reaching the exit when Jinhwan stepped on a slippery area. Junhoe's eyes widened when he saw Jinhwan flapping both of his hands, body waving while trying to find balance and Boom! Jinhwan fell on his butt.

"Jinhwan-ssi! Are you okay?" Junhoe rushed to bend and check on the older rubbing his lower back. "Ouch. Yeah, I'm fine." Jinhwan said then looked at Junhoe only to see the younger pressing his lips together and biting his lower lip trying to fight his urge to laugh. "Pfft-- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Jinhwan couldn't held it either. The two of them burst into laughter. Both of them almost catching their breaths and laughed again. Jinhwan wiped his wet eyes from laughing when he had the chance to focus on Junhoe. "You just said to.. hahaha.... The kids that....the floor is slippery but you're the one—HAHAHAHA!" The latter was...laughing. It's the first time he saw him laugh, a real laugh. He slowly recovered from his laughter and fondly watch Junhoe who's clearly not done with his hilarity yet. He smiled. Junhoe looked happy. His eyes were smiling. "You can actually laugh." Jinhwan finally uttered. "Wooh~ what?" Junhoe said in the middle of calming his self. "I said it's nice to hear your laugh." Junhoe, trying to stable his breathing, looked the older with confusion when he realized he was still smiling. He instantly looked away and turned to serious face before he stood up. "I'm s-sorry for laughing at you. I d-didn't mean to laugh at your mishap."