Kellie's Castle

Welcome again to another terrifying episode of Malaysian Folklore! Today I am going to introduce you all to the very famous ------- drumroll please------ Kellie's Castle!!!

Kellie's Castle is located just outside of a state in Malaysia named Ipoh. The castle looks more like a mansion or maybe even manor. This majestic mansion was rumoured to be haunted by its builders.

Shall we dig into the history of this place to find out more?

Kellie's Castle was built by a Scottish engineer named William Kellie Smith. Mr Smith used Scottish, Moorish and Indian architecture as inspiration for Kellie's Castle. Mr Smith was building Kellie's Castle for his family which consists of his wife and children.  

The construction of Kellie's Castle began in 1915. During the construction a Spanish Flu broke out among the workers. After that, Mr Smith's fortune began to dwindle. His bad luck continued when he was contracting a fatal bout of pneumonia.

He ended up selling Kellie's Castle over to a British tea and coffee company. He and his family never got to stay at Kellie's Castle even once.

Now, whenever visitors go to visit they claim that they've seen the members of the Smith family that never got to stay at Kellie's Castle. 

I've heard many stories of Kellie's Castle from visitors who decide to tell their experiences on the Internet. Whereas there are some people who keep to themselves about this information.

Whether they tell people or not is not exactly anyone's problem. The problem is whether you'll believe us, the ones telling you all the stories.

That is some thing for you to decide.

Advice

Kellie's Castle should be visited during the day while on holidays so that the place isn't too isolated. Be sure to bring a friend or two to keep you company where ever you go.

See you guys in the next episode!

Bye bye my Little Horrors!