9. Winter Break

Genre: Romance (short story?)

I've been dating my childhood friend since middle school.

I was hopelessly head over heels in love with him.

But last winter, before winter break started, the unthinkable happened.

It was something that I didn't expect to happen.

He cheated on me with my ex-best friend who is the popular girl in school.

It's now winter break again one year later and I'll be home alone til January.

That is until the doorbell rang.

The people at the front door introduced themselves as our new next door neighbors. Behind them was a good-looking boy my age.

Right then and there, I knew everything was about to change for the better.

Author's Note

Welcome back to another story idea.

I just want to rant on something for a bit. We all know those typical cliches about summer love and stuff. But what about winter? Winter is a pretty season because there's snow. You can wrap yourself in blankets and binge watch tv shows. Christmas and New Years are the most celebrated holidays imo. And let's not forget the cute winter clothing.

Now I know there's the typical boy cheats on girl for popular girl for her sex appeal or whatever. But there must be a reason for her childhood friend to cheat on her with her former best friend.

There's always a reason.

This story is going to be full cliches/fluff. Let's be honest, we all love cliches even though we hate them. It's a nice break from all the serious storytelling.

Most likely this story is going to be a short winter special during a winter break.