Chapter one

Narrators POV;

"Come on Reid, quit being such a wimp!" Emily pushed her long time co-worker, and basically best friend, into the crowded club against his will.

"Emily stop, I can't do this." Reid argued trying to push his way through dancing people.

"Reid I'm not letting you leave with me, or by yourself."

"Emily!" Reid whined

She pushed him to sit down on a bar stool next to her. Her eyes mischievously flicked across dancing girls in search for a date for reid.

"Emily this is ridiculous I can't believe I'm even here!" He moaned relentlessly.

"That one" Emily discreetly pointed to a small brunette in the corner of the room. She was standing amongst all her drunken friends and seemed to be uncomfortable, perfect for him.

"Emily I'm not just going to go up to a random girl and try and take her home."

"I'm not saying have a one night stand, all I'm saying is have fun, who knows you could find a girlfriend for once." She laughed.

Spencer's POV;

"I'm not doing this Emily."

"Fine if you won't I will."

I watched her make her way into the girls group of friends nonchalantly. In a few minutes emily was leading her back to me, I can't believe her.

"Jess I'd like you to meet Spencer." Emily introduced us.

She smiled and I smiled back awkwardly. She is pretty, small figure, long brown hair with pretty green eyes.

"Well I've got other plans so I'll see you at work Spencer?" Emily flashed a smile and left me without a chance.

"Wow I am so sorry about that." I apologized for Emily's behavior.

"It's okay friend of yours?" she inquired.

"You could say that," I laughed thinking about Emily and I.

We talked for a while, getting to know each other better. She's very sweet and she gave me her number, I think I might call her tomorrow and actually attempt to ask her out.

*monday at the bau*

Narrators POV:

Emily was making coffee when Spencer stepped off the elevator.

"Reid! How did it go last night!?" she almost shouted when she seen him step into the break room.

"Emily, if you EVER do that again." he threatened falsely.

"What are you gonna do huh?" she touched her hip to his playfully handing him a cup.

"I don't know she's sweet, I'm going to call her later."

"That's awesome!" she cheered as he rolled his eyes, she was more excited than him.

Spencers POV: I restlessly flipped through my paperwork all day due to nervousness. I'd occasionally catch Emily's beautiful brown eyes glancing up at me.
She's so cute when she's concentrated on her work. She gets the tiniest little crease in between her eyebrows when she's thinking hard, though her face is always relaxed.

When I got home I dialed jess' number and bounced my knee anxiously.

"Hello?" She answered

"Hey, is this Jess? It's Spencer... Spencer Reid, from Saturday?"

"Oh hi, I didn't expect you to actually call."

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Oh, uh I don't know sorry, but what's up?"

"Do you, uhh, wanna go out? With me?" I straggled out.

"I'd love to."

"Okay so, tomorrow, I'll pick you up at 7?"

"Sounds great, I'll text you my address now!"

"Okay bye." I hung up.

Just like that I had a date.

Less than 24 hours later Emily was back at it, asking about every aspect of the phone call.

"Oh my god! Reid your going on a date! Your all grown up." She faked wiping a tear away and I laughed. The rest of the day I competed grueling amounts of paperwork with a nagging urge to make an excuse and stay at work, but I couldn't do that to someone as sweet as Jess.
When I got home I took a shower and then aimlessly wondered around my apartment until 6:30.

I picked her up, she was wearing a short red dress with a cardigan and heels. She looked nice but the whole time I could only think about how good Emily would look in that color. I shook the thought out of my head and drove to the restaurant, desperate to get my mind focused on anything other than Emily Prentiss.

We talked a lot at dinner, about many things. She traced her pointer finger in little circles across the white tablecloth. I felt like I was zoned out and I felt bad, but I couldn't stop picturing Emily in the shade of red Jess was wearing. Her dark blades of hair cascading over the thin straps and her soft skin.

"Spencer?"

"Huh?" I was snapped back to reality.

"Oh I'm so sorry, long day at work."

"Oh.... Right, you work with that girl Emily don't you?"

My heart jumped at her named and I nodded yes.

"So what do you do?" Her thin eyebrows furrowed at the question.

"Umm, I work for the fbi." I stated plainly.

Her pupils dilated at the anagram.

"Really? Emily too?"

Jess' POV:

Spencers eyes brightened when he talked about working with her.

"Yes, we work at the BAU, it stands for the behavioral analysis unit, and we Uh, catch serial killers, and stuff like that, by profiling their behaviors." He finished.

"Ohh, wow I totally did not expect you to have a job like that. So emily and you are on the same team?"

"Yeah, there's only one team and there's seven of us, we're all very close." He said looking down into his lap with a sense of uncertainty.

"That sounds amazing." I tried to show him that I was interested, but the whole thing sounded kind of fake or crazy to me.

Spencer's POV:

"Uh yeah I guess."

I drove Jess back to her apartment and walked her to her door maybe a little too fast .She looked up at me awkwardly and I didn't know if I should kiss her, or if I wanted too. I ended up kissing her on the cheek, maybe because I felt obligated, and bid her goodnight. This girl is amazing, so what was wrong with me?