Chapter three

Spencer's POV: I woke up Sunday morning feeling sick to my stomach. I feel like such a terrible person.

At least I stopped our relationship as soon as I knew I couldn't be with her... right?? At least that's what I'm telling myself. I was almost heading out the door to visit my mom, when my phone rang, Hotch, of course.

I grabbed my bag and ran out the door, driving to the office as fast as I could.
Hotch called us in with bad news, our old team member, Jordan Todd, who filled in for JJ on maternity leave, is in the hospital and Hotch thought it would be best if we all went an seen her together. I'm not sure why, we had to meet at the office, but I don't question, given the circumstances.

We all ride in the cars we use for cases to the hospital, Me, Rossi, JJ, Hotch in one car and Emily, Garcia, & Derek in another. I don't believe any of us have seen Jordan, since JJ returned to work, but she doesn't have any family, we're all she has. She isn't expecting us when we come in she looks overjoyed, but also exhausted. Apparently, she walked in on someone burglarizing her house, and the man broke her leg with a tire iron, before getting caught by police, a few blocks away.

"What a dick." Morgan scoffed
"If I ever got a hold of that guy..." Morgan shook his head.

We stayed for a little bit, and then left so she could get her rest, it looked much needed anyways.

I managed to avoid Emily the whole time, keeping myself busy in conversation, but I guess I'm only delaying the inevitable.

Narrators POV;
*monday morning, BAU*

Hotch corralled the team all into the elevator upon our arrival. Why we all had to cram into one elevator ride was beyond them all.

"We'll be briefed on the plane, apparently it's urgent." He stated pushing the ground floor button.

Spencer and Emily were squished into the back and shoulder to shoulder, momentarily making their hands brush the others.
A subtle shiver went through her and Spencer noticed, smiling even though he didn't know what any of this meant.

On the jet Emily sat next to Rossi and Spencer sat alone, trying to distance himself already.

Preparing for the worst possible outcome, the only possible one, actually. He watched her spitball her theories with the rest of the team while he stayed quiet. The little voice in Spencer's head thought, how crazy is it that I think she looks beautiful when she's talking about murders just because it's her.

When they arrived at the Dallas PD they were greeted by local police. JJ and Spencer immediately started working on the board, filling it with sickening images of three slaughtered young girls along with all their information and a synapses of their lives, reduced to a white board.

Spencer always felt guilty about how somebody's life can be reduced to so little, having to weed out their deepest secrets to find justice for them.

Reid's POV:
"So what do you have?" Jj asked handing me a coffee and taking a seat on the desk.

"Well I just finished the geographical profile, and looks like this is his relative area, hunts here, dumps here, easy, but very risky." I said making final marks on the board with my expo.

"So he lives around here? Pretty small area isn't it? Is this unsub really that Incompetent? Or just careless?"

"Maybe it's arrogance," I scoffed.

"Seems so," rossi interrupted as he entered followed by the rest of the team. "Hey guys what did you find out from the families?" JJ prompted the team as they took seats around the room.

"Well they didn't go to school or work together but our lovely technical analyst found something out." Morgan said holding his phone up to project Garcia's voice to all of us.

"Yes I did my delicious chocolate wonder. Actually I found a connection between all three victims, every week these girls meet for coffee and breakfast at the same shop. They've been doing this for almost a year now."

"So maybe they just met from a mutual friend?" JJ suggested.

Just then the detective rushed in with beads of sweat threatening to fall from his forhead. "We have another body." I almost yelled, trying to catch his breath. Clearly someone could use a little cardio work out.

We all made our ways to the waiting SUVs and drove to the dump site, in the same vicinity of the rest.
"Do we know who she is?" I said examining the redhead, stabbed once in the chest like the others.

"Yeah, Jamie Young, 26." The ME said with a grimace. You think someone in his position wouldn't be phased by a person who was murdered as cleanly as Jamie Young.

I winced at her age though, this is way too young for any life to be taken.

I actually sound so strange . I'm talking about how clean this murder was. How it shouldn't have that much effect on someone, because we've see so much worse. I walked away from the scene to call Garcia back in Quantico.

"What's up boy wonder?"

"Hey Garcia can you get me everything you can on a Jamie young, she's 26 and lives in Dallas."

I heard her giggle. "Time me baby." She said playfully hanging up.
Okay Garcia I'm timing you now, I said to myself with a grin, Garcias pep could be scientifically proven as infectious. I headed back to the crowd of people to find Emily