Chapter two

Spencer's POV;

I decided to walk to work today to try and look at this situation from a different perspective.

I stopped for coffee and literally ran into Jess.

"Oh Spencer, hey." She greeted me with an awkward half hug.

"Hi Jess, weird running into you like this." I said shoving one hand into my pocket.

"Yeah yeah." She said softly.
"So uh how are you?"

"I'm good... you?" She asked, but I could only manage a nod and half smile, letting the silence fill between us
as we walked.
Jess' POV:

"So do you, wanna catch a movie this weekend?" I asked trying to lessen the weird silence between us.

"Oh uh yeah that sounds like fun, I'll see you then." I replied.

"Okay bye!" She said before ducking into her office building.

Spencer's POV:
Another case had gone and past and before I knew it, it was Saturday. I picked Jess up at her apartment and we went to see an old black and white film.

I was surprised when she picked that one, but interested in her taste.
I found myself rambling on about the Russia background of an actor that was portraying the main character, while Jess let out little giggles. Things were finally feeling good between us, maybe we'd clicked. When we headed back, we put all the windows down and let the cool night air rush into the car.

Jess looked pretty, as she tried to control her hair, with great effort. She laughed when she caught me looking at her and I smiled while keeping one hand on the wheel.

About thirty minutes later I was walking Jess to her door, when she kissed me. She kissed my lips, just like that. I didn't even remember what a kiss felt like until now, but now I know how much I was missing out on.

Her lips were soft... and they moved with mine and I ran my hand along her jawline and into her hair slowly pulling her closer to me.

This felt so good.
Jess pulled away slightly, grabbing my hand and guiding me through her door, once I was through pulling me back into her. We kept walking, our lips and hands still tangled until Jess' back was pressed against her counter top. I pulled back to look at her, but when I expected to look into depths of green, all I could see were the dark brown eyes of Emily Prentiss looking back at me.

I stepped away from her, looking down.
"Spencer? What's wrong? What did I do?" Jess asked in a quiet voice.

"You haven't done anything, you're perfect, really... It's me." I tried to assure her.

"It's okay Spencer, clearly someone else has your attention."

"Jess please-"

"It's okay, really, you deserve to be with someone who makes you happy, and if that person isn't me that's okay." She smiled softly before looking down again.

She walked me to the door and I heard her say behind me while walking to my car, "I hope you find what your looking for Spencer Reid."

Me too.