Chapter 1

Ren

We had bought the house and it was absolutely perfect. I hadn't thought Ryder could even pay his half with all the complaining he was doing. He always thought something was expensive even though it wasn't. Four hundred thousand dollars was nothing to me.

"Eomma, you don't need to pay for anything. Ryder and I paid the full price a long time ago," I complained. "Stop making me feel like a little girl."

"Kkul, you're my little girl. I long to take care of you and your friends." Mom kissed my cheek and smiled. "Many people around the city are expecting you and Ryder to get married. It's going to be an expensive wedding, right?"

"Eomma," I hissed. "We're only friends. I'm not marrying him. I have a boyfriend."

"Well, go live with him. It would stop the confusion. My friends think you and Ryder are dating," she muttered. I could sense the disgust in her voice. She never liked Zach. "I tried to tell them you weren't interested, but they won't listen."

"Right, eomma. I bet you let them believe that and don't say a thing."

Mom laughed and picked up her coffee cup. I stood up from the table and went to leave the kitchen. She called me back and held up a finger. I looked everywhere else, but her.

"You do know that your pére and I don't like that you and Zach are dating." She sipped her coffee slowly. "It's not that he's not right for you, it's just that he's a bad guy. He's...dangerous?"

"Wow. This sounds like some crazy Wattpad story." I sighed and ran a hand through my dreads. "You and appa only hate him, because he doesn't care for your rules. He's an amazing guy and he loves Byung-chul. Any guy who loves my brother like his own son is a special guy."

"Like...Ryder?"

"Ryder has got nothing to do with this conversation! He barely even remembers how hold Byung-chul is."

Mom laughed and waved me away. I knew saying that would render her speechless. To be honest, I could care less if Zach was broke or even crazy. Just as long as he promised to take care of me and made me feel important. As long as he got me away from my crazier than mental patients at an asylum parents.

I went up to my room and looked around. I was definitely going to miss this place. Especially the window overlooking the pond we had out back. Byung-chul and I used to go fishing whenever we were bored. When I wasn't busy working with appa or going out with Zach. It was nice that the new house had a pond out back. It was perfect for parties Ryder threw every now and then.

"Are you going back to the house any time soon?" Mom asked from the door. "Ryder texted me and asked if you wanted him to pick you up."

"Of course. I'm more than ready at this point," I said.

"I'm pretty sure he likes you, Ren."

I scoffed and turned to her. "Ryder and I have been living with each other for almost three years now. He knows I don't like him."

"Why don't you like him, Ren-ah?"

"...He's childish. He literally spends unnecessary amounts of money on me when he has a girlfriend who would gladly allow him to pamper her."

"Yes. I'm sure she would."

"Yeah. Plus, Zach spoils me enough as is."

Mom sighed and left. I followed her and went downstairs. My purse was waiting for me in the foyer. I grabbed it and pulled my phone out. Hm. Zach must be really worried about me to send so many texts.

14:32 PM Me: I'm fine. No need to worry 24/7

14:33 PM Beibeu😍: U kno how I feel bout u and Ryder living together