Arizona

"I don't know what your obsession is with this guy, you don't even know his name" I told my best friend Kyla.

A small little blonde women with a lot of built up anger, that I love very much.

Since grade 7 to be exact.

"Yet. God ebony, do you not have any hope in this world for me?"

I jumped down from Kyla and I's favorite tree jasper and layed my behind on the ground before closing my eyes.

"I have hope that you'll stop obsessing over finding the love of your life and focus on the importance of life"

"Isn't that what we're on earth or should I say hell. To find this person and reproduce with them?" Kyla groans.

"I don't know the meaning of life but I hope it's not fucking that, Kyla."I state before rolling over on my stomach as I feel the grass in between my fingers. "I need my nails done" I randomly state.

"Your opinion in this matter actually isn't valid, you've been lonely for 17 years."
Kyla ignores my effort of trying to change the subject, and angrily states.

"Damn Kay, low blow" I tell her throwing a stick up at her in the tree as she dodges it and jumps down to lay beside me.

"Sorry E, but it's true. If you understood the "obsession" or even stepped out of that little damn circle you made yourself maybe-"

"I enjoy my circle, thank you very much." I pressed my phones home button and played one of my favourite Korean artist BoA.

"I'm sure you do, E. can you play NEGA DOLA, that song can serenade me all day"Kyla asked since we do share some what similarities in musical taste.

We laid there for 15 more minutes as the sun beamed down on us, listening to artist ranging from jaden smith, Solange, Sabrina c, Russ, eryn Allen Kane(my favourite), chance the rapper, lizzo, and drake(only for Kyla's religious needs apparently).

"You have work" ky reminded me waking me up from a sleepless sleep.

"Unfortunately"

***

"Hey Mandy where do you want these?" I held a box of new energy drinks called 'sonic' as she watched me in boredom before pointing toward the back freezers.

Mandy was a young 23 year old or I assumed, with badly dyed pink hair that staggered along her neck. You could see that she was once beautiful with her crystal like blue eyes that seemed like they could hypnotize the best of us and her soothing but seductive voice.

Now she spent her nights partying and experimenting with different drugs. Her beautiful crystals now surrounded in a pool of red, along with her sun kissed skin pulled into wrinkles.

The things drugs do to a person.

"I'm going on break" Mandy echoed before she took off to the back room. I had been at work for two hours and had my small break already deciding to take a second later on.

I work at a convenient store down town away from everyone at my school for obvious reasons. I don't want to see those people more than necessary.

It's not like I get bullied or anything, if anything I try my best to stay invisible.

Don't get me wrong I can hold my own but do I feel like getting annoyed by people that don't even know what to be an intellectual means. No. Not really.

Placing the box of energy drinks near the freezer, I heard the bell ring signalling a customer was here.

Perfect timing i thought to myself as another customer entered the store.