(iii) café

He was wearing our school's uniform.

Taehyung was wearing his uniform so naturally, as if it was his second skin, as if he has worn that very uniform every single day.

The uniform made him look like he's always been here. Like he has been a student studying in Korea all his life. He never left.

"Kim Taehyung."

Hoseok read aloud, and hearing his name being spoken by someone who knew nothing about Taehyung made me feel uneasy.

A lump formed in my throat as I gazed upon the man before me.

The Taehyung I was staring at looked a bit different from the Taehyung I met in that alleyway the other day.

His dark hair was now parted in curtains, most likely to make him look well-kept while in school.

My eyes trailed down his features and landed on his lips, where the lip ring was now gone. I gulped.

His collarbone tattoo was not visible anymore to the eye, for it was covered by the undershirt of his uniform, and masked by the polyester of his blazer.

It seemed like he still maintained part of his natural look, since he kept the first two buttons of his polo unbuttoned, with his loose tie hanging off his body freely.

His dress shirt was untucked, but his leather shoes were polished. And his posture was relaxed for the most part, yet I could see how he seemed to tense.

The uniform fit his body perfectly to the point where one could see the outline of his muscles.

I looked away promptly, realizing I was staring too much. I fiddled uncomfortably with the hem of my blazer.

"Aera," Yoongi spoke first, and I unconsciously tended my gaze to him. But I still felt Taehyung's burning look towards me.

"Yoongi, what's going on?" I hesitantly questioned, even though it was clear as day.

Yoongi sighed, gently untangling himself from Hoseok's embrace. Hoseok looked more worried than confused, and I felt upset that he was placed in this unknown atmosphere he wasn't aware about.

He then carefully approached me, and once he was already standing in front of me, he comfortingly grabbed my shoulders, "Taehyung moved back to Korea to study. He'll be attending our school, and he's in the same class as I am. So," Yoongi paused for a moment, "...He's gonna be living here now, Aera."

I was unable to reply to what Yoongi just informed me, instead, my eyes travelled to Taehyung who was still looking at me with a hint of despondence and longing.

I couldn't handle it.

Before I could do anything else, my body moved on its own accord. I slowly stepped away from Yoongi, and eyed them one more time.

Yoongi clenched his jaw and made a gesture to approach me, but he decided against it. At this, I quickly turned my heel and walked away quickly.

I heard Hoseok's perplexed voice as he continuously called out my name, but another voice caught my attention more.

"Aera!" Taehyung called out from behind me, but my pace only quickened. I didn't want to look him in the eye, not now. I clenched my eyes shut.