Chapter FOUR

Peter:"I should leave now.''Perla: 'Wait, here."She gives him a queen of night flower as a thank you gift. He takes the flower and walks out.

Victoria is sleeping, he leaves the flower on the table besides her, and starts thinking about Perla. He felt great meeting her. He needs a friend that is Perla.

Peter:"Good morning Victoria."Victoria: 'No need to apologize Peter.I saw the flower you brought for me last night. And I still want my diamond necklace."Peter:''I will go today itself, but I may come home tomorrow, I have to official meeting."

He goes to meet the lawyer and then goes to the town, to the jeweler boutique late afternoon. While picking the diamond necklace that Victoria had already selected one week before, a ring catches his eyes. The silver ring had a white pearl. He smiles and buy the ring too.

 While returning back home, he decides to go in the forest, hoping to see Perla again.Perla is sleeping on the grass.Peter slowly approaches her, and tries to touch her hand. She shivers and stands up.

Perla: 'Excuse me, Sir. What are you doing here? Why did you come back? Go away please."

Peter;"Perla, I did not come in the intention of hurting you. I just want to give you this. "He takes the ring out of his pocket.

Perla: 'Listen Sir. I am not that kind girl, just because you think you are rich and I am alone, does not mean you will offer me these kind of tokens. "She begins to cry.

Peter:''Perla please do not cry, I do not meet to offend you. Last night, I needed a friend you were here for you, I just want to say thank you.

Perla, "Go away Sir Peter,"she cries. 'Do not come back, leave me,"He obeys and left.

It is almost three weeks that Peter has not go in the forest at night. Sometime he goes on the desert land but stops, he does not want to insult her anymore.Peter become more and more restless even swears at his butcher,Adam,who threw that flower that Perla had gifted him. He wants to see her at least one time, for once. He also talks to himself, practicing to apologize, to bring a smile on her pretty face.

 One Wednesday night, he dreams of Perla dancing gracefully around the well under the moonlight. He wakes up at the middle of the night, takes the night lamp and walks secretly in the forest.

Peter;''Perla, where are you? Perla, please do not misunderstand. I did not to hurt you that night."

Perla is sitting, resting her head against a big rock.''Sir?''What do you want now?''

Peter,"I am sorry what I did last night, although I am rich I did not try to woo you with my wealth. I just want a place, a place here too. I want some peace too,"Peter sits.

They look at each other.

Perla; "It is okay, you can come."

Peter,"You do not have to call me Sir, I can be your friend, will you be my friend, Perla?

 She smiles.They talk, laugh, crack jokes and promise they are going to meet tomorrow.

Peter:''Can we meet in the morning,"

Perla: 'I only appears here at night."Peter:''Alright, goodnight my friend."

Peter is happy, he returns back home. The next morning, he is cheerful and even apologize to Adam. Victoria is pleased by her diamond necklace, Peter is satisfied, not for Victoria who was nagging for her necklace for the past days, but because of Perla. He cannot wait for the dusk, excited to meet her.

Victoria: 'You are not ready yet?''

Peter,"Ready for what?"Victoria, "You have to leave. She is waiting for you."

Peter is perplexed: 'Who is waiting for me?''