Chapter 5

Instantly she gets rushed away by many nurses and doctors. I wipe my face to no avail as the tears keep streaming. I look down at my blood-stained shirt as the police officer from earlier whirls me around.

"I, I am so sorry. I-i just, I had to, " I breathe in shakily as I look around the hospital, trying to collect my thoughts. "I needed to get her here as fast as possible she's, oh my God, she's pregnant."

The officer looks at me pitifully, "I need to ask you a few questions, would you like to sit down?" The officer leads me to a small waiting room and closes the door.

"I am Officer Mitchell and I need to know how that lady got shot." He says.

"At the fair, we were in line and all of a sudden we heard shots and- and screams so we started running, and as we were running we fell and she was bleeding so bad and so I grabbed her but she passed out in the car and I needed to get here so I sped and you know what happened from there." I sob loudly again.

Officer Mitchell looks at me after he finishes writing that down, "Okay, does she–"

"Olivia. Her name is Olivia." I interrupt.

"Yes, and Olivia is your...?" He trails off.

"She's my wife, we have two babies on the way," My skin feels like it crawls and my heart sinks in my chest, "My babies, oh my God, my babies."

The officer looks uncomfortable as he tells me I am free to go and that I should call any other family she has.

Hours later, Olivia's parents and sister, Layla, are here, and we wait for her brother to arrive. My dad is catching a flight and he should be here tomorrow.

A doctor comes out and calls for the family of Olivia Johnson and we stand.

"Olivia is stable for now, but the babies didn't make it." My heart shatters, the floor sways beneath me and I sink down to the floor, feeling sick, and sobbing, I can feel someone wrap their arms around me, consoling me but I can hear them crying too.

"Can we see her?" I hear Mrs. Collins ask the doctor.