three

: : T H R E E : :

"oh thank god your ok sweetie. Did he do anything to you? Did he touch you? Did he hurt you? Did he touch your books? Did he laugh at you? Oh sweetie" Elisa Connolly placed her hands on her sons cheeks as she checked him out for any bruises, tares or scratches. Leo just stood there, looking up at the roof completely out of it.

"did he give you drugs? Cigarettes?" oh my baby!" she clicked and he looked at her face, green irises wide and alert.

"did Liam do anything to you?" at the sound of liams name, Leo smiled and giggled.

"Liam said he wouldn't eat me" his voice happy and shrill. He giggled again and looked at his feet. A small blush settling on his pale cheeks. He spoke as if that was the most amazing thing anyone has said to him.

"I would hope so!" at that, Josh walked in soon followed by his father.

"what's going on Elise?" Mr Connolly asked, frown settling on his forehead.

"oh nothing dear." she dismissed it casually hoping it would do the trick.

"who was at the door mum?" Josh spoke up.

"Liam Evens dear."

"what was he doing here?"

"he actually dropped your brother off." she placed a hand on Leos shoulder. He flinched.

"why?"

"he said to ask you?"

"I don't know what that means, I dunno." he shrugged.

"Leo honey, why were you with Liam?" Leo giggled and nodded.

"no, no sweetie, why were you with him?" she tried again.

"no, no mum, he said he wouldn't eat me." he pointed at his chest through his books. He giggled.

"I know that sweetie but why did he drop you off?" she grew impatient with her son.

"I was a soccer with joshy and I was drawing and, and..." his eyes soon looked back up to the roof, no longer interested in what he was saying. His father groaned.

"Leo! Look at me!" his father boomed. But he never moved.

"damn it! Why can't he hold a sentence! Leo this way!" his father grabbed his shoulders and shook him. His small body shook but he held his gaze with the ceiling. Josh closed his eyes, taking deep breaths through his nose. Why? Why can't he just have a normal brother, Leo made everything so much harder and he was getting sick of it. Sick of the Attention Leo was getting compared to his try hard attempts, sick of the constant pressure and stress his parents put on him because he was the only one that could actually achieve something. Josh was tired. Tired of it all.

His dad was still shaking Leo, yelling in his face while Josh was thinking this. all Leo could do was stare at the developing red flush crawling over his dads face as he got angrier and angrier.

"why can't you be a normal kid for god's sake!" he gave Leo one hard push resulting in him dropping his precious books all over the floor, scattering paper all over the place. Leo's large doe eyes grew even bigger as he took in the condition of his books. he stuck out his lip, pushing it over his top one creating a heart broken pout. his heart was beating hard, fast and loud in his ears. the boy reaches out to it longingly when his father gets back up in his face.

"Don't you dare! you are a 16 year old boy, you don't need fucking pencils and paper! you need a ball and a new fucking head! I am so sick of this constant shit Leo, I am so sick of it! you should be out there with your brother making friends and doing all kinds of shit but no you do the complete opposite! how many friends do you have Leo huh? tell me. imaginary ones don't count. come one son tell me." he grabs Leos jaw bringing his eyes back up to his own.

"tell me retard, how many friends you got?" his grip on his jaw got tighter and tighter, slowly pushing his mouth open and together, making Leo's jaw sit at a painful angle. Leo couldn't speak. his brain was only registering the fact that his books were on the ground, slowly creasing the binder and smudging the pages. he whimpered as her turned his head which only made his father's grip strengthen on his jaw.

All Josh could do is shake his head and walk away.

:::::::::: :::::::::: :::::::::: :::::::::: :::::::::: :::::::::: :::::::::: ::::::::::