12

My last trip to Pandora left a larger dent in my health then I had initially anticipated. I spent the first few days back in the hospital, but Rhys made sure to stop by and visit, resulting in a mountain of flower arrangements to take home. On the bright side, true relaxation was something I hadn't experienced on Pandora, so I decided it would be best to soak up the attention while I could.

Once I finally got home, Angel and I passed the remainder of my recovery period with video games, movies, and books. Making sure to force Rhys and Vaughn to participate every once and a while. But soon I began to return to the thought of Pandora and what was to come, determined to find answers. 

Unsurprisingly, killing the leader of the Crimson Raiders, and his "girlfriend," didn't bode too well with my image down on Pandora, but luckily I was still on Helios. My last tangle with Roland and Lilith left Jack concerned with my well-being, leading him to issue me more mandatory time off. I spent most of it with Angel and Rhys, but made sure to leave extra time to spy on the upcoming missions. Sanctuary was reduced to rubble after the Blitzes, meaning the rabble of Pandora had to find a new home.

"But where?" I mumbled to myself, pulling my knees closer to my chest. I took another sip of my coffee as I scrolled through the digital files. For Handsome Jack to be the most powerful man in the world, you would think he'd pick something other than "HandsomeGuy123" for a High Clearance Security password. My eyes darted across the screen, focusing on a highlighted area of the map; Thousand Cuts. 

"Angel, can you find anything on Thousand Cuts that has changed recently?"

"Executing Phaseshift. According to updated reports from Outlook, there has been a relatively large migration of bandits and vault-hunters alike to that area. Maybe a new Sanctuary?"

"I doubt it, Thousand cuts isn't exactly the coziest of places. The only thing of any value there  is the BUNK3R.  Wait a minute-"

"Pumpkin? What did I tell you two about hacking into Top Secret files while in my office?  You know you should be resting." I looked up to see Jack giving me an amused, but disapproving look.

"I know, 'Save your strength' and blah blah blah, but Rhys is away on missions and Angel has been busy helping you. I feel kinda useless." I stood up, allowing him to sit in his chair, and walked over to inspect one of the shelves on the wall nearby.

" Well you're right about one thing, the only reason anyone would go to Thousand Cuts is to get the BUNK3R. It's blasted to bits, and I doubt those morons from Sanctuary could get it up and running again, but the point is that they're trying. This isn't a one man mission, so I can't let you go alone, but I did manage to find you some help." He reached to the far end of his desk, pressing a call button. Hearing that Handsome Jack was finally letting me go on a new mission was exciting enough, but seeing my new partner walk in let me know that this  would end the Crimson Raiders once and for all.

":D"

"Hey Zero."

"<3"