18~heatbeat

Asher's POV

I messed up, I messed up big time and now Annie is in the hospital thanks to me. I have this weird feeling in my stomach that won't go away. These past few weeks, I haven't been able to take my mind off of her. The way her eyes light up when she's excited, that little smirk she does sometimes when she blushes,
and that cute little giggle I just can't get over. Now, she might die because of me, this is all my fault.

Annie was rushed to hospital a few hours ago. The doctors took her straight to surgery and I over heard one of the doctors say that she's in life-threatening condition.

The wait in the waiting room is torturing me. I've had my head in my hands for most of the wait. There isn't many people in the waiting room at this time of day but Indi and Riley are sitting across from me crying, Hunter is sitting beside Indi and holding her hand, and Anna and Carson are here too. There's also three other people sitting in the same area of the waiting room as us. I'm guessing they are her family because there's a little girl that looks around London's age that look exactly like Annie.

Another hour has past with no update on Annie. I started thinking about all the fun things we've done these past few weeks and I start tearing up. I look away from my friends so they won't see me cry and turn towards these doctors walking down the hall. They have serious looks on their faces and are heading in our direction.

"Julianna LeBlanc." The doctors said.

Her family stood up and so did everyone else.

"Yes, that's our daughter." Annie's dad said.

"Okay, well surgery was successful and your daughter is going to be alright. Julianna just got out of surgery but she should be waking up soon." The doctor said and I sighed in relief.

"Can we see here?" Indi asked.

"Family first for now. After family, we will allow friends." The doctor told us and we all nodded and sat back down.

After about a half an hour, Annie's family comes back and tells us that we can see her now.

We all walk to Annie's room.

"Asher you should go first." Indi said.

"Oh...thanks." I said and then walked into Annie's room.

Her face was full of cuts and bruises, she had a cast on one of her arms and one of her legs, she had a few broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder on the other arm.

"Hey." I said softly as I walked over to her bed. "Annie I'm so so sorry, this is all my fault." I said burying my head in my hands.

"A-sher," Her voice cracked. "This is not your fault."

"Yes it is. If Jayden didn't kiss me, then you wouldn't have gotten upset and left." I said.

"Y-you didn't know this would h-happen." Her voice was raspy.

"Annie, I'm sorry about what happened." I told her with a frown.

"I know, I forgive you." She said.

"Really?" I asked shocked.