Taken Care Of - Edwin Jarvis

*Finals were this week, and I'm dog tired. I wrote this entire thing the night after my English final, at like 1 am. In fact I'm writing this on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I just randomly had this idea after watching Endgame for the third time. There aren't any spoilers. I'm not that mean. Sheesh. Anyways, really long note but I figured why not. - Jaiden King*

Being the younger son of Howard Stark had its ups and downs for Y/N. He didn't get a very private childhood from the press, and he didn't get much attention from his father.

So with all that, there had to be some good right? Some things. He was payed attention to by Edwin Jarvis. His mother cared for him some of the time, and the rest he was taken care of by Jarvis.

"Jarvis, when is Dad going to be home?"

Y/N turned around in his seat and held the back of it.

"Mr. Stark should be home around 8 pm tonight."

Y/N sighed and laid his head on his hands.

"Y/N you should know Dad doesn't get home until late. Even when he does, he doesn't care about us."

Y/N turned around to look at his brother and frowned.

"Dad does care about us. Right Jarvis?"

He turned around again and stood up to look at Jarvis.

"Yes, he might not always show it, but he cares for you just the same way as I do."

Y/N smiled and hugged Jarvis. Jarvis returned the hug.

"I still don't believe it. Even for the five years before you were born, he never cared."

Y/N sighed and sat on the couch to wait for his parents to get home. He sat his elbows on his knees and his head on his hands. He kicked his feet back and forth, trying to entertain himself. Then he got an idea.

"Hey Jarvis."

"Yes, Y/N?"

"Wanna play cards with me? I'm getting really bored."

Jarvis smiled and walked into the kitchen to get the cards. He got them out of the box and taught Y/N to play a game Howard had promised to teach him a year before. They played for what felt like an hour and a half until Y/N started to get tired.

"Hey Jarvis, what time is it?"

Jarvis checked his watch and realized it was past 8 pm. It was well past it, and well past Y/N's bedtime.

"It's past time for your bedtime. We have to get you in the shower and changed into your pajamas."

Y/N groaned. Most 6-year-olds loved bath time because it meant toys and bubbles, but he hated it. He slid off the couch and walked to his and Tony's shared room to get his clothes. He grabbed his pj's and made his way to the bathroom. Jarvis was getting the bath water ready while Y/N took off his shirt and pants. He waited until Jarvis was out of the room to take off his boxers and got in.

Once he was finished, he got out and wrapped himself in the towel Jarvis had left for him. He dried off and put on his pajamas and combed his hair. He walked into his room and sat on his bed waiting for Tony or Jarvis.

"Tooonnnyyyy."

Tony walked into the room with a towel around his waist. He walked over to the closet and got out his pajamas. He took them back into the bathroom and changed.

"What do you want Y/N?"

"Where's Jarvis? I want a bedtime story."

Tony walked back out of the room and found Jarvis.