Chapter 17

Chapter 17

The hours began to tick by quickly, Casper was on the phone constantly since we realised Kiara and Tahnee never made it back. Alexander and the other guards were all out looking and following leads. The smallest clues could help us so every piece of information was followed up even if we knew it was of no use to us.

I paced in front of the big window overlooking the front court yard, Praying id see Kiara and Tahnee walking towards the house. After what felt like hours Casper walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. “Come get a drink, you’ll wear yourself out.” He spoke into my ear. “I can’t eat while they’re out there.” I argued as Casper leads me towards the kitchen.

“We’ll find them pretty girl.” He whispered but I could hear the tremor in his voice. He was just as worried as I was and if it wasn’t for the guards at every entry of the house I’d be out there looking for my daughter and best friend.

Casper finally got me in the kitchen and sat me down on the stool. “Wait and I’ll warm it up a little” he gestured to the microwave as he pulled a bottle of blood out of the fridge. I couldn’t help what happened next I burst into tears and tried to speak “I. Can’t. Tahnee. Tahnee needs food.” I finally managed to squeeze out through the tears and sobs.

“Shh, Kiara will take care of her. I promise we’ll get them both back safe and sound.” he spoke strong and clearly. “Three.” I mumbled. Casper’s face went blank as he looked at me confusion all over his face. “Kiara’s pregnant.” I whispered as more tears broke through.

As soon as those two words came out of my mouth Alexander came flying into the kitchen. “We don’t know that for sure yet but if she’s not she will be once I get her back because there is no way I’ll be letting her out of my site.” Casper and I both looked at him in surprise. “Do you have any information?” Casper questioned.

Alexander nodded his head before saying “Yes apparently they were sighted about an hour ago in an abandoned factory about an hour away. I’ve already sent a team.”

“How many?” Casper asked through gritted teeth as he ran his hands through his hair. “Six plus the girl.” He answered immediately. Casper paced in front of the kitchen bench constantly running his hands back and forth through his hair.

“Let’s go. Why are we waiting?” I shouted at the two of them. Casper and Alexander both turned their heads to look at me. “You aren’t going anywhere.” Both of them said at the same time. “Ha, we’ll see about that. I am going to get my daughter and my best friend if use want me to or not. I. Am. Going” I finally spat out through gritted teeth as I made my way out of the kitchen and out of the house.

As I quickly ran through the house and out to the garage, I didn’t pay any attention to what Casper and Alexander were saying from behind me but I could hear them speaking in hushed words. I won the argument that was all that mattered at this point in time. “Please stay here.” Casper begged from the passenger side window as I took my seat in the front of the car. “Please don’t ask me to stay home again.” I pleaded.

“Fine but you need to listen, when we get there do not move from this car until I tell you to. Do you understand?” I didn’t hesitate, I quickly nodded my head yes but if he knew me so well he’d know there’s no way in hell I’ll stay in this car and not help them find our daughter and my best friend.